Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
williasp
Channel Surfer

Phillips Roku TV disconnects and refuses to connect

Jump to solution

I was intrigued by the Factory Reset solution proposed by another poster since it seemed to solve his connect problem.  I previously tried my own workaround by plugging in an old Roku stick into the HDMI port of my Phillips Roku TV, then setting the TV to go to the HDMI port when it powers on.  That workaround gave me a working TV since that particular Roku stick never had a connection problem in the past.  However, it seemed ridiculous to plug a Roku stick into a Roku TV.

So yesterday (Sat, July 6), out of curiosity, I did a factory reset of the Phillips Roku TV, connected it to wifi and logged into my Roku account.  Setup was easy peasy, just like the first time I did this when I first installed the TV. 

My TP-Link Deco X68 mesh system has three networks: (1) the main mesh network (currently includes both 2.4G and 5G); (2) guest network (currently set to 2.4G); and (3) IOT network (also currently set to 2.4G).  Based on a prior suggestion from a Roku tech support person several months ago, I connected the TV to the IOT network to make sure the TV only saw 2.4G.  At the moment, nothing else is connected to that IOT network.

It's only been one day so no valid conclusions can be reached.  However, I turned the TV on three times today with several hours in between.  It connected each time.  That's promising, but there's no telling what will happen tomorrow or the next day.  I'll give it a week or two and report back.

Clearly, there is some sort of bug that causes Roku TV's to disconnect and fail to reconnect to wifi.  Hopefully, the Roku people can find the bug and fix it - permanently.

0 Kudos
Frances5740
Reel Rookie

Roku TV not connecting to network

Jump to solution

To whom may corner. I'm having trouble connecting my internet to TCL roku TV not working 

0 Kudos
Tstowers81

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. TV is only a year and a half old. Every day now for three weeks I have to reset network before I can even search for my wifi. This is the only thing in my house having an issue. This is very annoying. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: network connection issue with TCL tv and outdoor Roku security cameras

Jump to solution

Hi, @Frances5740 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We came across your post where you mentioned that you are having trouble connecting your internet to your Roku TV, and we'd be happy to help you to address your concern.

For this instance, let's take some troubleshooting steps for you to perform. Kindly follow the instructions below:

Restart your Roku TV. Use the following steps to restart your streaming device from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

Restart your modem and router. Use the following steps to restart your modem and router.

1. Unplug both your modem and router from power
  2. Wait 10 seconds and then plug them back in
  3. Wait for your modem and router to fully restart
  4. Use a phone, tablet, or computer to confirm the internet connection is working
  5. Test the connection on your Roku device

For more information, you can visit this support article for guides and further instructions at What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

If the issue is not resolved after the troubleshooting steps performed, please provide the following details for us to investigate this issue further.

• Internet Service Provider (ISP): Who do you get your internet service from (e.g., Xfinity, Spectrum)?
  • Router/Modem Brand & Model: What brand and specific model of router and modem do you have?
  • Roku Device Details:
    • Model (e.g., Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K)
    • Serial Number
    • Device ID
    • Software OS/Version (You can find this information under Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID: When the connection drops, press the Home button 5 times followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. This will generate a Tracker ID. Please provide this number if possible.

We hope to hear back from you regarding this matter. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PCB3rd
Channel Surfer

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

My recommendation is what others have suggested as well, a full factory reset. While this should not have to be done, it looks as though Roku does not have a fix and will not have a fix in the near future. So far with a factory reset, mine is reconnecting every time on startup

PCB3rd
Channel Surfer

Re: Phillips Roku TV disconnects and refuses to connect

Jump to solution

As one other individual here suggested I too recommend a full factory reset as this has solved my issue... For now. It looks as though Roku has no idea what the problem is or how to fix it. So while this should not be necessary it seems to work.

Re: Roku TV Suddenly Unable to Connect to Network

Jump to solution

I have this same issue. Any solutions yet???

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Having same issue. Don’t want to factory reset if I don’t have too. Logging in to all my apps is a hassle. 

0 Kudos
williasp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@emilyann_tx 

So far, it looks like factory reset is the only thing that has worked for several posters.  I'm going on four days now with no connection issues.  I'm hoping that continues.  I was skeptical but figured I would give it a try.

RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV |Network Connection Issues After OS Update

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

Thank you for bringing the connectivity issue with Roku TV to our attention and for providing the necessary information. We sincerely apologize for the delay in resolving this matter.

Update: 7/11 Underinvestigation

We want to assure you that our team is actively investigating the issue where Roku TVs are unable to connect following a recent update. We are closely monitoring the discussions on this thread and prioritizing a swift resolution.

We understand the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience as we work diligently to address the issue. Please stay tuned for further updates.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.