Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv is never connected to internet

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We understand that you are experiencing issues with the Roku TV as it was not able to detect or reconnect to your network after getting disconnected. We would be pleased to help you even more. Please try to factory reset your Roku TV by following the steps below.

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Using the physical button

Located on the back or bottom of your TV, the physical Reset button is either tactile or pinhole-designed and requires a straightened paperclip to open. Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku TV is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MrP1
Binge Watcher

Is there a fix for tcl roku tv losing wi fi connection yet??

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I have tried it all to get this issue fixed and I am still losing wi fi connection 5 to 6 times daily, any help would be appreciated!

Please note I have done all the required steps, restart, restore yadda yadda yadda!

0 Kudos
MrP1
Binge Watcher

Re: Is there a fix for tcl roku tv losing wi fi connection yet??

Jump to solution

This is extremely frustrating and very unprofessional on roku part to not help us with this issue

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@MrP1 Is your wifi signal good at the location of the Roku device?  I have several Roku devices and they very seldom lose connection to the wifi.  Either you have a faulty device or a poor wifi signal.

0 Kudos
Michael19

Re: My Hisense smart tv won't scan for wifi.

Jump to solution

My Hisense tv keeps getting stuck on wireless scan?? It won’t connect to the internet and stay connected. Replaced modem and it is now stuck on the check for signal/connection. Please ?  

0 Kudos
MrP1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, I have 3 other tvs as well as phones and laptop all work perfectly 

0 Kudos
MrP1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, I have 3 other tvs as well as phones and laptop all work perfectly 

0 Kudos
KenSoren
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

First, how old is your modem and router? Might be time for an upgrade.

Second, where is your TCL TV located compared to where your router is? Anything electronic or metallic between them like a TV bookcase, kitchen appliance? Is this new or has there been a good connection before this? 

Could be a number of things but first to me would be does your router need to be upgraded? 

Ken S
Roku Ultra, Roku 3, Roku 2 and Roku 1
Samsung 65 inch SUHD KS8000 using Samsung smart hub for all connections.
0 Kudos
MrP1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have gone thru all these steps as I mentioned, my router works perfectly for 6 other devices, only issue is with my roku tv also as mentioned, per research i am not the only one, hundreds of others are still questioning this issue, just hoping there was a fix by now..

Thordan
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TCL tv keep losing connection

Jump to solution

Exact same issues. Software update on 7/23/2024 11:30PM (Central Time). Has been doing this since that update.

Randomly disconnects from Wifi, will search for available networks forever. Must System > Restart in order for Wifi to work, then it will eventually disconnect and be unable to find the network again.

Same results on 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz. No other devices in this house have this issue. Have restarted Router and TV multiple times. Very frustrating.

Software Version: 13.1.4
Build: 1512-ET
Model: G846X - Roku TV
Serial Number: X01200P1PNS5 (S0NS43C1PNS5)
GC Version: 11.10.22
Issue ID S5-297-548

Router: Asus RT-AX86S
Router Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.388_2170921709
ISP: Spectrum

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.