Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku tv disconnected from network every time its turned on!

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @MzPatterson!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention.

Rest assured that we will coordinate this with the team for further investigation. With this being said, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Internet service provider

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Have to restart TV to reconnect WiFi

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Reggie82, @Willslady!

Thank you for letting us know about this. We'd be more than happy to coordinate this with the appropriate team for further investigation. With this being said, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Internet Service Provider

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
KenZie2

Roku TV does not connect to Wifi.

Jump to solution

My Roku TV will not connect to WiFi unless I unplug it from the wall outlet and plug it back in.  If I turn the TV on it doesn’t connect to WiFi unless I renter all password information.  Unplugging it is easier than always entering the password information. It has been this way for the last two months. Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV does not connect to Wifi.

Jump to solution

See if the following thread applies:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Issue-Tracking-Board/Solved-by-future-update-Roku-TV-Network-Connectio...

Instead of unplugging it, can you just perform a "Check connection" under Settings->Network or a "System restart" under Settings->System->Power?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Hmrsjr

Onn Roku Tv WiFi Issue factory resent completed multiple times

Jump to solution

We are having an issue with out ONN Roku as well. We did a factory reset but it won’t stay connected to the internet. Works fine on all other devices (Sony, TCL, VIZIO, Apple TVs, and multiple other devices) but this ridiculous onn tv won’t stay connected. We can’t go more than 5 minutes watching anything without it freezing and saying the internet is no longer connected. 

0 Kudos
bhulaten1

Roku TV keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi?

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV, it's about 3 years old but in fantastic condition. A few days ago the TV wouldn't connect to the Wi-Fi, that day I tried everything I could think of including: shutting the TV off & back on, doing a system shutdown, doing a reset connection, restarting my Internet modem (even though I had other devices connected with no issues), I also tried to setup the connection but it sat on "searching for connection" for awhile - so finally I did a factory reset, which worked.

But today, the same thing happened - nothing worked, did another factory reset, which worked..but is this just going to keep happening? Every few days I'll need to factory reset?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi?

Jump to solution

Hi, @kpinn @bhulaten1!

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We'd be happy to help you determine the cause and connect your Roku TV to your network connection effectively so you can get back on streaming.

Before proceeding, could you please confirm if your TV recently received any software updates prior to this happening that might have triggered the issue? If so, could you please let us know when you received the software update and what version it is?

Furthermore, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows so we can look further:

• Roku device model, serial number, and device ID. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • ISP (internet service provider)

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ziclownoleander
Reel Rookie

Roku TV update won't connect to wifi when turned off and back on

Jump to solution

Has anyone fixed this? For two whole months every time I turn on the Roku I have to reset the network connection and type in my Wi-Fi password, and it's been doing this since 6/23/2024. I'm so tired of this, I updated the TV just over the weekend in hopes that maybe a programmer has fixed it, but no.

For background, when the TV has been off (say overnight or just an hour) and it turned back on, it says "not connected" in the top right corner. If you try to just go to internet and reconnect, you get stuck on the "looking for connections" until the end of time. You have to reset the network connection and then type in the password. Again, THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION!!!

My wifi is FINE, my router is FINE, THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH ROKU AND THEIR REFUSAL TO ACKNOWLEDGE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY IS DOWNRIGHT ANNOYING.

I paid good money for this television, so idk who looks at these forums, but SOMEONE needs to tell a programmer that they MESSED UP. My partner works in programming and she would be FIRED if anything she programmed did THIS

Mike123b

Jump to solution

Hi RokuCarly

I am having the exact same problem, which just started this past week or so. My TCL-Roku TV will not connect to Wifi and when you try to make it connect, it fails to find any WiFi signals (there are a few that are normally visible and the Wifi is up and running for all my other devices). If I do a hard restart of the TV then it works fine, but only the first time. Next time I turn the TV on, same thing. Have rebooted router, reset network connection, restarted, etc. The TV is near the router so signal strength is not an issue. Nothing in the system has changed for the past few years except software updates.

TCL 55R635

Hardware ID A113X

Device ID S05EY09TNNPP

Serial; X003004TNNPP

Software version 13.1.4 build 1510-88 

ISP: Optimum 

Tracker ID PP-324-156

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Mike123b.

Thanks for reaching out and for providing us with precise details of the requested information above.

Rest assured that we will include your device in the investigation. We'll let you know once we've received any updates from the team. 

Your continuous patience and understanding are highly appreciated. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.