Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

[Solved by future update] Roku TV |Network Connection Issues After OS Update

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We have received reports that some users with Roku TV are experiencing difficulty connecting to their home network following a recent OS update.

Update (July 18th): We've identified the problem and expect a fix in a future update.

In the meantime, we recommend performing a factory resetHere’s how:

1. Locate the reset button on your Roku device, which is usually on the back or bottom.

2. Ensure your Roku TV is powered on.

3. Press and hold the reset button for exactly 10 seconds.

4. Watch for a fast-blinking light, indicating that the reset is in progress.

5. Once the light blinks at a normal rate, release the button.

Update: 7/16 - Under investigation

You can attempt the following steps using your remote control to trigger an automatic restart of your Roku device:

• Press the Home button (five times),
  • Then press the Up button,
  • Followed by pressing Rewind (twice),
  • And Fast Forward (twice).

Resolution: Perform a manual factory reset

Previous update: 7/11 This issue is currently being investigated.

To assist us in resolving this, please provide the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version (accessible via Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID (to obtain this, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times when the issue occurs).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider) and what is the make and model of your router?

Thank you once again for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv is never connected to internet

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We understand that you are experiencing issues with the Roku TV as it was not able to detect or reconnect to your network after getting disconnected. We would be pleased to help you even more. Please try to factory reset your Roku TV by following the steps below.

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Using the physical button

Located on the back or bottom of your TV, the physical Reset button is either tactile or pinhole-designed and requires a straightened paperclip to open. Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku TV is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
288 REPLIES 288
AKirk

My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

My Onn TV and my other roku devices won't stay connected to wifi even though it's says I have excellent signal I have to re connect them over and over but each time the small devices just kick me right back off the Onn TV works sometimes but not all the time I don't like paying for internet when I can't even watch my TV half the time I am down to one out of 3 tvs right now because of this please help me fix I have already reset my router and restated the tvs there's got to be another solution please help

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

Hi @AKirk,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We acknowledge your concern and flagging this to us. Is there an ethernet port to your Roku TV, and see if you can connect an ethernet cable to get a network? Also, have you tried the soft restart to your Roku TVs and streaming device by navigating to Settings > System > Power > (skip if no sub-menu) System Restart? Further, have you tried connecting to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you're able to maintain a connection?

Let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Flower0100

My Hisense smart tv won't scan for wifi.

Jump to solution

https://www.veed.io/view/3a65fe82-ed3a-4092-a6f9-ee96cfa13a2c?sharingWidget=true&panel=

I already factory reset it. Nothing seems to work. My Hisense model is 32H4030

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Hisense smart tv won't scan for wifi.

Jump to solution

I can't view the video, but is the MAC address that's displayed under Settings->System->About all zeros by any chance?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
hcamaro84
Reel Rookie

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

My Onn TV is doing the same thing. Constantly kicks me offline but other TV's and devices are fine. Tried everything listed, still not fixed.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @hcamaro84

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about the issue you've encountered regarding the loss of connection with your Roku TV, and we'd be more than glad to assist. Kindly follow this other troubleshooting step below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced system settings.
  4. Select Network connection reset.
  5. Select Reset connection.

Please let us know how this works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
hcamaro84
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That did not work.

Jump to solution

I second this. Something is wrong with the TV itself. It won't even let me use the remote and I am always signing out/back in after resetting my router, TV, fixing the settings, logging off/on to my account. If there is not another way we need to know how we can get these replaced. Thank you.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lovelykrismarie,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the connectivity issue you're running into. We'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Could you please verify if you are getting any error messages or codes when you are trying to connect your Roku device?
  2. Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?

We would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: How to check the connection to your home network and the internet | Official Roku Support.

Also, we recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.