Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddreggors

Re: ONN. Roku disconnecting from WiFi everyday

Jump to solution

I have had this same issue. I have disabled the auto-power settings as described but this issue still happens every day. Also, sometimes I can reset the TV power and it will not reconnect or find any wifi access points. All other equipment (cell phones, other TVs, laptops, etc...) see the wifi just fine and connect but the TV sometimes will not until I reboot a couple times.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @ddreggors!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will coordinate this with the appropriate team and would be more than willing to include your device in the investigation.

Kindly provide me with the information requested above.

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Thanks for your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this.

To fix this issue, kindly try to factory reset your Roku TV by following the steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Using the physical button

Located on the back or bottom of your TV, the physical Reset button is either tactile or pinhole-designed and requires a straightened paperclip to open. Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku TV is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds.

Please make sure to press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds only if you'll be manually resetting your Roku TV. 

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shaunlei

Tv all of a sudden loses wifi connection after turning TV off.

Jump to solution

Two days ago my TV suddenly started losing the connection to the wifi and wouldn't even find any network connections without unplugging the TV and plugging it back in.  Once connected i have no problems with the connection until I turn off the TV.  I know there is nothing wrong with my router as the other devices have no problem with the connection.  I've checked for updates and the TV is up to date.  I've reset the TV multiple times and reset the network connection.  However the problem remains.  Not sure what the problem is or what else I should try to remedy this problem.  

0 Kudos
Ehw625

Re: Tv all of a sudden loses wifi connection after turning TV off.

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same I’m trying to reach out to support on Roku but can’t seem to find where to contact them at 

0 Kudos

Wireless Network Issues - Network Settings Reset

Jump to solution

I have two SmartTVs. One is a Sharp and the other is a Phillips. Both are within 15 feet of our wireless router and have strong signals to them.

About two weeks ago the Sharp TV's wireless connection wouldn't auto-connect when we turned the TV on. Rebooting the TV didn't work either. So we would have to Reset the Network Connection every time to get it to work. Finally about 5 days ago there was a software update and that seemed to solve the issue. (The Update was v13.1.4 Build 1510).

3 days ago the Phillips TV started having the exact same issue. But it's current software version is the 13.1.4 Build 1510. We're having to Reset the Network connection every time we turn the SmartTV on.

Is this just an isolated issue or is it widespread? If this is known, is there a patch coming?

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wireless Network Issues - Network Settings Reset

Jump to solution

Hi @Smiklemeyer,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reporting that your Philips Roku TV is automatically disconnecting from your network. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We want to make sure that we can help you resolve this issue.

Have you tried factory resetting your Philips Roku TV? If not, kindly try to factory reset your Philips Roku TV using the physical button.

It is located on the back or bottom of your TV, the physical Reset button is either tactile or pinhole-designed and requires a straightened paperclip to open. Once you locate the Reset button and your Philips Roku TV is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds.

Please make sure to press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds only if you'll be manually resetting your Roku TV.

For reference, you can visit our support article:  How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

Please keep us posted.
Thanks,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ashamarie

Re: My Roku tv keeps disconnecting from my wifi

Jump to solution

Having the same problem and could not agree more!!!  Do better Roku!

0 Kudos
Ashamarie

Jump to solution

I hope so too!  Total BS

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

If Y'all have noticed, All Roku excuses are a copy/pasted reply to basically reboot, which takes time, and never works. This is there excuse, Blame it on the YOUR internet.

I've been dealing with the excuses for many months now.

I now looking into something else and going to take a hammer to MY Roku.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.