Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arielisoki

My Hisense tv won’t connect even though I have g

Jump to solution

So honestly I did not think that I was gonna make a post because I thought for some reason it would some how get fixed but anyways, my tv won’t connect to the internet at all like I have no idea what happens one day I checked it and it said disconnected and I was confused because my internet didn’t go out but whatever I didn’t know what to do I tried resetting the WiFi the tv even factory reset it didn’t work so I un plugged it so it worked however it keeps happening so I unplug it and reset the WiFi however this time it doesn’t work at all I’ve tried resetting the WiFi my tv even unplugged it and even unplugged my WiFi I don’t know what to do at this point I’ve keep searching about it online but I never really saw anything like my case especially on the error codes it would always be 0.14 30 but mine is a 0.14 10 

0 Kudos
Dacz8976
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TCL tv keep losing connection

Jump to solution

Same issue exactly. Spoke to Roku customer service and their only suggestion was switching the WiFi to 2.4 ghz. That did nothing and I have reset everything I can and messed with every setting. Mine started doing it around the same time as you and it’s clearly roku’s fault, but they keep blaming my internet. I have 3 Roku tvs and the two older ones are completely fine. Only the newest one with the best WiFi connection has the problem and it’s super annoying to have to restart it every time I want to use it. 

0 Kudos
Semag
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV will not connect to wifi after being turned off and on

Jump to solution

I have the same thing but it started with the OS 13 update. It’s disconnected every time it starts up after being off for a while and gets stuck on the “wireless scan” unless you reset the network or “power -> system restart”

0 Kudos
Semag
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have the same thing but it started with the OS 13 update. It’s disconnected every time it starts up after being off for a while and gets stuck on the “wireless scan” unless you reset the network or “power -> system restart”

0 Kudos
Semag
Binge Watcher

Re: Have to restart TV to reconnect WiFi

Jump to solution

Rstarchild2
Reel Rookie

Re: Have to reconnect to the internet every time the device powers on

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue as this person that posted this help question I just tried that and it did not work. I have the TCL Roku TV 4K 

0 Kudos
Dacz8976
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yep and Roku will just keep making you jump through hoops when it’s clearly a problem with the software update and they just need to fix the bug…

0 Kudos
Jttcook

Re: Have to reconnect to the internet every time the device powers on

Jump to solution

Good morning. Everyday I have the same problem. I did the steps above everyday then even did a factory reset. It worked as it should for two days now back to not working. Any other options its frustrating to have to do this daily or not be able to turn the tv off during the day if you know your going to have to re do everything as soon as you turn it back on 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We've received reports that some Roku TV users are experiencing difficulty connecting to their home network after a recent OS update.

This issue is currently being investigated.

Please provide the following information for further assistance.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version (accessible via Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID (to obtain this, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times when the issue occurs).
  • Who is your internet service provider (ISP) and what is the make and model of your router?

We appreciate your cooperation and are committed to finding a solution to this problem.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV will not connect to wifi after being turned off and on

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Warm greetings here in the Roku Community!

We understand that your Roku TV is not connecting to the WiFi after being turned off and on. We are ready to assist and provide further information regarding this issue.

Here are some steps you might want to consider regarding this issue.

Check your network connection:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Network
  4. Select Check connection
  • Tip: If a more robust wireless signal is detected, you will see an on-screen message suggesting you connect to a recommended network. You will be prompted to enter one of the recommended networks that require a different password.

For reference, you may check our support article dedicated to this: 

If the steps above do not work, please provide the following for further investigation.

• Roku Device Details:
    • Model (e.g., Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K)
    • Serial Number
    • Device ID
    • Software OS/Version (You can find this information under Settings > System > About)
  • Internet Service Provider (ISP): Who do you get your internet service from (e.g., Xfinity, Spectrum)?
  • Router/Modem Brand & Model: What brand and specific model of router and modem do you have?

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.