Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fuhrdo

Re: Youtube tv freezes on fast forward and reverse. My Roku is up to date.

Jump to solution

I'm about ready to also.  Mine is just a roku ultra but now when it freezes you can't even close the app and try to start if back up...recording will never stop buffering.  Time to check out my options as this obviously is not getting fixed anytime soon.

Re: YoutubeTV Fast Forward Freezes

Jump to solution

I have been having the same issue with live TV. It is sporadic, but when I pause it and then go back and watch, it will freeze after I fast forward and act like it is spooling. 

model - 9101R2

SN - YL003U967352

Software version 13.0.0, build 24056-95

Device ID - 3K6243967352

DonLuis
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube TV freezes when fast-forwarding

Jump to solution

No sense in giving you my info since you should have plenty of data by now and still no resolution.  Maybe time to upgrade to a TV with YouTubeTV and dump Rokus.

DonLuis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried resetting the network (rebooting in ROKU) and that didn't help.  I was lucky enough to have a specific show stuck in a loop so I could go there and see if it was fixed.  I also tried unplugging the Roku 4k device and still no luck.

What did work, at least for a while, is resetting the cache using the procedure from this link.  It uses the remote with a "secret" pass key that resets the cache and reboots the Roku device.  Good luck!

https://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Cache-on-Roku

Staudie
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Had it happen again with the live TV DVR. To your point how much data do they need. Works on other platforms so time to use those as my main viewing device.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Seems that the point it freezes is whey YouTube TV goes into their “Zen” mode… just a feeling but it happens to me too and it seems like every time I exit and come back, that zen mode is there.

0 Kudos
jgraver
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It’s every device - nothing specific lot a device but Ultra is bad

PSR2

Jump to solution

All 3 of my Roku Ultras and a 4K stick have had this issue since two months ago. Very annoying. Also happens when using “key plays” on sports recordings. Considering alternative products.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Model 4660RW-Roku Ultra

Serial number YJ00HU112450

Device ID CS48CH112450

OS Version (software version?) 13.1.4 build 1512-46

Youtube TV channel version 2.22 build 110005581

tracker ID 50-322-078

0 Kudos
Byumike

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra.  I have the exact issue fast forwarding and rewinding. Don’t have the problem while using LG TV app or fire stick.  Only Roku Ultra. Could not watch Olympics on Roku!  Very Frustrating.  I did clear the cache today and will see if that works. I do use ARC HDMI.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.