Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aschuss1
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube TV freezes when fast-forwarding

Jump to solution

Freezing on DVR, pausing then trying to start again live show, Key Plays

Model 4640X

s/n 7LC6C7079552

V.13.14 build 1512-29

GC 12.0.14

Timestamp 2024-08-17T15:57:51Z

ID 52-330-717

Don't remember exactly where I saw this "fix" posted but when the recording freezes use the down arrow to access the menu under the red video progress bar, select the HD button and change the resolution. For instance, if it's at 1080 change it to 720. In my case the video starts back up immediately then I change it back to the original, correct res. The interesting effect is the video will jump to a different timestamp either forward or back. Had a football game freeze at around 90min., applied the fix and it started back up at 86min. and I've seen it jump ahead by as much as 6 min.

0 Kudos
SST1

Re: YoutubeTV Fast Forward Freezes

Jump to solution

We are still having this problem consistently!  It's August 17, 2024

0 Kudos
mhewitt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

YouTubeTV freezes when fast-forwarding. The freeze begins after the halfway point of the program. It happens on every program and has been happening for months. Our workaround is to start watching another program and then returning to the original program. The original program will start to play. At that point we can fast forward a little bit and press play. Then we continue that pattern. Most of the time that works for us. Here is the requested information:

Device model:   3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+
Serial Number:  YH00DG876350
Device ID:          C1393D876350
OS Version:        13.1.4 build 1512-50

Channel Version/Build: YouTube TV Version 2,22 build 110005581

Tracker ID:          50-333-847

0 Kudos
mhewitt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

To add to my previous post. The fast-forward freeze does not happen when using Amazon Fire TV. It only happens on Roku.

Device model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+
Serial Number: YH00DG876350
Device ID: C1393D876350
OS Version: 13.1.4 build 1512-50

Channel Version/Build: YouTube TV Version 2,22 build 110005581

Tracker ID: 50-333-847

0 Kudos
gjcnjc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So many of us have been waiting patiently for months for an answer to this significant issue.  Maybe someone could update us on progress to solve this issue.

I have been using Roku, longer than I remember, but my most recent Ultra device was connected in 2019.  I DON'T want to go elsewhere but could you give us some hope...something.  btw is it possible that a new Ultra would have a faster processor that might mitigate this issue?

Thank YOU

Gene

ricktrim
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It happens to us with our Roku Ultra LT. Serial number YJD08P344804. Device ID 046188344804. 

0 Kudos

Re: YoutubeTV Fast Forward Freezes

Jump to solution

I am a non streambar user - this is happening on my regular Roku box.

0 Kudos
donald4972
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, our issue is on-going too....still!!! I have Youtube tv, and Roku streambar. Seems on average, it freezes up, buffering constantly after fast-forward, and/or rewinding as in a ballgame and seeking to watch a re-play! 

I watch this forum posts often.  Wondering, if there is a consensus that this is certainly a Roku-caused problem only? What's the latest we've heard from Roku...if anything? Or is it possible that YouTube Tv is complicit in our suffering while buffering? I have to restart Roku daily, once or twice, with seemingly no response from them?

Like others have said, I've been with Roku a long time, and don't want to change...but there are limits!

Don

mhewitt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We have Amazon Fire TV and Roku on different TVs. The problem only happens on Roku. Amazon Fire TV never freezes when we fast forward. We are thinking of replacing all of our Roku devices with Amazon Fire TV Sticks.

aschuss1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

the fact that my issue is "resolved" by changing display resolution when it freezes should be a clue to where the fault lies for someone smarter than me. I also have a 2 yr old roku LG tv on which I have not yet been able to recreate the issue. "And I've tried, oh Lord knows, I've tried"

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.