Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donald4972
Channel Surfer

Re: YouTube TV freezes when fast-forwarding

Jump to solution

I was wondering, is this uniquely a Roku/YouTubeTV issue? Does anyone with Roku/Hulu tv service have the freezing-buffering issue when fast forward or rewinding? Or others? Or is this only on Roku/YouTubeTV? 

Don

ricktrim
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I believe that it is a Roku issue.  Someone suggested that the freezing would stop if, in the settings, you go from 1080 to 720.  I tried that and it worked for about 95% of the issue that I was having.  BUT, I went ahead and switched to Amazon Fire Stick, moved it to 1080 and things work fine.  I have used ROKU for YEARS, but was frustrated with the issue that has been going on for more than a month.

aschuss1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just to be precise with switching the display rez jump starting the frozen recording... if I switch it doesn't, necessarily, mean the next recording I play will not freeze. Eventually I get to another recording that freezes and have to do the switcheroo again. Also, in all cases I switch to get it unfrozen then immediately  switch to the correct rez. I haven't actually tried leaving it at the lower rez but I will now.

jgraver
Binge Watcher

Re: YoutubeTV Fast Forward Freezes

Jump to solution

Feels like nobody is home on this issue at Roku - going to lose a lot of customers if a resolution is not found quickly.

HIDave1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

OK, OP here. I haven't kept up on the conversation but it appears as though there has been no cure, and now it's football season and my sense of humor is shot. Anybody got suggestions about Firestick versus Apple? Any other thoughts? The last thing I want to do is to pay Roku for a new box that replaces a Roku product that doesn't work, they admit it's their fault, and yet they won't support. If there's been a solution and I've just missed it please let me know, but otherwise I'm done here. 

mhewitt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We, too, were very frustrated. So, this past week, we replaced our Rokus with Amazon Fire TV Sticks. There is NO problem with fast forwarding on YouTubeTV using the Fire TV Stick. The Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K is normally $49.99 but it is on sale now for $29.99. And if you enter PROMO code FTV4KUP at checkout, you can save an additional $5.00. The offer expires on 09/30/2024. We are very happy now.

jgraver
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks - time to move off Roku 

gjcnjc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah, we are moving on as well.  Been like this for many months.  I tried to wait it out 'cause spouse age makes it difficult to process change and remember paths.  Been using Roku for, not sure, at least 5 years.

0 Kudos
DonLuis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Done. Ordered two Firesticks!  Not looking forward to reinstalling all of my streaming apps but left no good choice. 

0 Kudos
donald4972
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Moving on! Yesterday, watching International Little League championship game, my Roku froze in bottom of 8th inning (overtime). It would not reset and let me watch the end of the recording, despite trying everything that 'had worked' before! Almost like Roku giving me 'the One Finger Salute' to ensure my  departure from being their (long time) customer!

Ok! I get it Roku. Ordered the Amazon Fire stick 4K Max tv streamer, and the Amazon Sound Bar (Amazon claims) was designed to work with Fire TV. Seems to have pretty good ratings from other buyers. We'll see! Supposed to both be here in a couple of days.

Hope connecting it goes smoothly as seen in YouTube videos! I'll update later about all  that. I just 'have to do something different' as it seems Roku intends to 'ride that horse' until it drops!

Don

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.