Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NilDevNull
Binge Watcher

Re: My Roku tv keeps disconnecting from my wifi

Jump to solution

Not going to bother jumping through these hoops. I've been here before with the same issue and nothing was ever resolved. The only direction is to just keep doing what I'm already doing. Useless. Just fix the WiFi issue... this shouldn't be hard to do. It's YOUR software that's the problem, afterall.

0 Kudos
Semag
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV will not connect to wifi after being turned off and on

Jump to solution

Thank you Jharra!

I’m confident this is a Roku induced issue with the newest OS version because it started happening with no other changes in environment. My Roku streaming stick works fine but the TCL TV drops WiFi signal once it has been sleeping and will not connect upon awake. If you try to “check connection” or “set up connection” it will just spin constantly. Need to reset the system or reset network to bring it back

ive tried to set up a dedicated 5ghz network for the TV but that didn’t work. I may try a dedicated 2.4ghz next but I don’t really want to keep it that way.

Issue report tracker

Model: 7121X - Roku TV

Serial number: YS009P886737 (FW2899886737)

Software version: 13.0.0 • build 24062-30

GC version: 118.15

Timestamp: 2024-07-0617:47:272

Please use issue ID 37-270-347 to report the current issue.

ISP is frontier fiber and WiFi is provided by three Calix Gigaspire Blast mesh satellites. I can provide WiFi chipset and firmware on the satellites if you would like.

TiTi_21
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TCL tv keep losing connection

Jump to solution

Hello, 

Roku Device Model- TCL Model 32S301-W

Serial Number- 2N003M025974

Device ID- AM4723025974

OS Version- 13.0.0 Build 24062-08

GC Version: 11.8.15

Tracker ID/Issue ID- 74-270-378

Internet service provider: Spectrum

Make and Model of router: TP-Link AX1800 WiFi 6 Router 

0 Kudos
TiTi_21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello @RokuJharra-Q 

Roku Device Model- TCL Model 32S301-W

Serial Number- 2N003M025974

Device ID- AM4723025974

OS Version- 13.0.0 Build 24062-08

GC Version: 11.8.15

Tracker ID/Issue ID- 74-270-378

Internet service provider: Spectrum

Make and Model of router: TP-Link AX1800 WiFi 6 Router

TiTi_21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello @RokuJharra-Q 

Re: Roku TCL tv keep losing connectionRe: Roku TCL tv keep losing connection

Kilsally
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi

Tracker ID NJ-270-463

HiSense R50B7120UK

Hardware ID C219GB

SN X00200F5TANJ

Software version 13.0.0 build 24062-AF

S005S3C5TANJ

Connected using wifi on TPlink Mesh homeplug AV1300 linked back to TP Link wifi 6E router. Rebooting those does not resolve the issue. 

This is not a wifi or router issue, I work in Tech Support . My OnePlus phone and Samsung Galaxy S24 are all connected to the same wifi at the time. 

A reboot of the TV solves the issue. It occurs when you first switch the TV on when the unit is in standby. This has only started recently so I presume a software update is responsible. 

0 Kudos
TiTi_21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I agree it is not a wifi or router issue. I thought they wanted all the information about our Roku device, router, ISP, etc to try to see where the problem is coming from, but I believe it can be fixed with a new software update because we all live in different cities with different ISP and routers, so there is no way possible it can be a wifi or router issue;

0 Kudos
t1renda

TCL/Roku TV loses network connection after sleeping

Jump to solution

I have two year old TCL 65S41 that recently started losing it's connection to the WiFi network every time it goes to sleep (either in power save mode or using the power button on the remote). No other devices have issues. When you wake up the TV "not connected" appears in the upper right corner and no apps/streaming channels work. To restore connection we either unplug and reboot or do a reset in the system menu. This has been happening 4 or 6 weeks. Last firmware update was early June, so it could be that, but feels like it's been happening longer. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
williasp
Binge Watcher

Phillips Roku TV disconnects and refuses to connect

Jump to solution

I was intrigued by the Factory Reset solution proposed by another poster since it seemed to solve his connect problem.  I previously tried my own workaround by plugging in an old Roku stick into the HDMI port of my Phillips Roku TV, then setting the TV to go to the HDMI port when it powers on.  That workaround gave me a working TV since that particular Roku stick never had a connection problem in the past.  However, it seemed ridiculous to plug a Roku stick into a Roku TV.

So yesterday (Sat, July 6), out of curiosity, I did a factory reset of the Phillips Roku TV, connected it to wifi and logged into my Roku account.  Setup was easy peasy, just like the first time I did this when I first installed the TV. 

My TP-Link Deco X68 mesh system has three networks: (1) the main mesh network (currently includes both 2.4G and 5G); (2) guest network (currently set to 2.4G); and (3) IOT network (also currently set to 2.4G).  Based on a prior suggestion from a Roku tech support person several months ago, I connected the TV to the IOT network to make sure the TV only saw 2.4G.  At the moment, nothing else is connected to that IOT network.

It's only been one day so no valid conclusions can be reached.  However, I turned the TV on three times today with several hours in between.  It connected each time.  That's promising, but there's no telling what will happen tomorrow or the next day.  I'll give it a week or two and report back.

Clearly, there is some sort of bug that causes Roku TV's to disconnect and fail to reconnect to wifi.  Hopefully, the Roku people can find the bug and fix it - permanently.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV will not connect to wifi after being turned off and on

Jump to solution

We appreciate the follow-up, @Semag.

Rest assured, we have collected and forwarded the following details to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. Should an update be available for this concern, we'll promptly let this thread know.

Let us know if you have further inquiries regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.