Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL/Roku TV loses network connection after sleeping

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

We appreciate your posts regarding the Roku TV network issues. We understand and hear you.

If you're still experiencing the issue, please provide us with the details requested by our Roku engineers for investigation purposes.

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Have to restart TV to reconnect WiFi

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

We appreciate your posts regarding the Roku TV network issues. We understand and hear you.

If you're still experiencing the issue, please provide us with the details requested by our Roku engineers for investigation purposes.

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

Re: Have to restart TV to reconnect WiFi

Jump to solution

Exact same issue on my tv

0 Kudos
nverdulla
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV will not connect to wifi after being turned off and on

Jump to solution

What streaming advice are now using?

0 Kudos
Frances5740
Reel Rookie

Roku TV not connecting to network

Jump to solution

To whom may corner. I'm having trouble connecting my internet to TCL roku TV not working 

0 Kudos
Semag
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@nverdulla not sure what you mean? I still use my Roku TV, my family is just angry with me that they have to reset it every time they want to watch something. 

I said, “guys, you gotta give the engineering team a chance for a couple weeks, we’ve got a ticket open and @RokuJanadeeK and @RokuJharra-Q have got our back!”

struggling with connection to wifi tcl 55s421

Jump to solution

Model c129 Roku TV software version 13

0.0 build 24062-93

Gc version 11.8.15

2024-0708T08:38:53Z

Issue id A1-272-678

I have reset the t.v. rebooting. Unplugging, and was able to back door update by using the secret reboot with backup wifi. Indicating the TV o.s. is not allowing recognition of the Wi-Fi at all. Other devices using both 2.4G and 5G see the router as availing, and connect successfully. Including a Samsung s22 ultra and S23 ultra.

The set up attempting to scan does not see any networks in the area. Nor using private ssid, and password allow for reconnecting. I have attempted also a factory reset as a final measure to reset the internal settings. With out being able to recognize any of the Wi-Fi networks.

The hidden menu allowed for an update to the included apps of the t.v. but did not have any setting to allow reconnecting after the initial updating of the o.s. and apps.

0 Kudos
Tstowers81

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. TV is only a year and a half old. Every day now for three weeks I have to reset network before I can even search for my wifi. This is the only thing in my house having an issue. This is very annoying. 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We appreciate you for providing us with the requested details! We will forward your information to the appropriate Roku team for review and we appreciate your patience as we work on this.

Please let us know or create a new thread if you have any other concerns. We are here to listen and take action.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: network connection issue with TCL tv and outdoor Roku security cameras

Jump to solution

Hi, @Frances5740 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We came across your post where you mentioned that you are having trouble connecting your internet to your Roku TV, and we'd be happy to help you to address your concern.

For this instance, let's take some troubleshooting steps for you to perform. Kindly follow the instructions below:

Restart your Roku TV. Use the following steps to restart your streaming device from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

Restart your modem and router. Use the following steps to restart your modem and router.

1. Unplug both your modem and router from power
  2. Wait 10 seconds and then plug them back in
  3. Wait for your modem and router to fully restart
  4. Use a phone, tablet, or computer to confirm the internet connection is working
  5. Test the connection on your Roku device

For more information, you can visit this support article for guides and further instructions at What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

If the issue is not resolved after the troubleshooting steps performed, please provide the following details for us to investigate this issue further.

• Internet Service Provider (ISP): Who do you get your internet service from (e.g., Xfinity, Spectrum)?
  • Router/Modem Brand & Model: What brand and specific model of router and modem do you have?
  • Roku Device Details:
    • Model (e.g., Roku Streaming Stick+ 4K)
    • Serial Number
    • Device ID
    • Software OS/Version (You can find this information under Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID: When the connection drops, press the Home button 5 times followed by the Back button 5 times quickly. This will generate a Tracker ID. Please provide this number if possible.

We hope to hear back from you regarding this matter. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.