Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bresetts

Remote High Pitch Noise issue

I have three Roku Stream Sticks+ and all three remotes do not work and have a high pitch sound coming from them.  How could three remotes go bad a few months apart from one another??  
I have been a Roku customer for years and these sticks are not that old. 
I folowed the support items to try and fix the issue but nothing works. 

I started using the app for the remote but that does not help if I'm not home and my family wants to watch something.  

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
genericjeff
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote High Pitch Noise

Roku replaced one of my screeching remotes and it's doing it AGAIN.   This is aggravating for being a reoccurring issue.  Please replace this defective remote. 

0 Kudos
Badq45t
Reel Rookie

Yes, I must remove the batteries it was crazy it took me forever to figure out where that noise was coming from. I really like Roku over Amazon Fire

0 Kudos
Badq45t
Reel Rookie

and nobody has contacted me 😞

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote High Pitch Noise issue

Hi, @bresetts @genericjeff @Badq45t

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused with your remote.

We do appreciate the troubleshooting steps you took. We'd like to know more how we can help. Could you provide us the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About for us to further investigate?

We're looking forward to your update.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
genericjeff
Reel Rookie

Yh0096846568 and ct379454050 both have screeching remotes

0 Kudos
RokuMaresa
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @genericjeff

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
We have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

All the best,

Mares

MaresH.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kAbLaAmMy
Reel Rookie

This has happened to me with two different remotes. Replacing batteries doesn’t fix the problem.

SN: YH001G242344

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kAbLaAmMy,

Thanks for posting regarding your issue with the remote in the Roku Community!

Have you tried running the troubleshooting steps from our Support page to get your remote back up and running? Fix your Remote.

Please keep us posted if you still have any issues with your Roku remote.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kAbLaAmMy
Reel Rookie

Yes, I’ve gone through those steps. They didn’t work the first time so I replaced the remote. The troubleshooting steps didn't work this time, either.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.