Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote stopped working after software update

Thanks for the inquiry, @newbees.

To send a private message, click the user's name beside the icon, and you will be redirected to the user's profile. There, you will see a "Send this user a Private Message."

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

I tried to send the private message per your request.  It would not go thru, saying that I have reached the limit for number of private messages.. Don't know how that happened as that was going to be my first ever private message.

Anyway, You posted a message to send you a private message.

This was in response to my post:  

REMOTE # LC-RCRUS-18 It is original to the Sharp/Roku Tv. This is not a remote with microphone, and it is a step above a simple remote. As of ~ 3 weeks ago, the remote will no longer power on/off, it will not mute volume, it will not page up/down in the guide, etc. It now mostly only adjusts volume up/down, pulls up the guide then single line up by line up/down in the guide. I have read all the posts for this thread and the recommended steps to take. Nothing has helped. Roku Tv/Sharp tv model LC-32LB591U Hardware id 5232x s/n 2N008T631106 S/W VER 12.5.0, BUILD 4176-34 DEVICE ID CHP748631106
Thanks!
0 Kudos
newbees
Channel Surfer

I also got this error message:

"You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

I have never sent any private message to anyone in this forum.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @newbees

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We have sent you a private message.

We look forward to discussing the issue you've experienced moving forward.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
morgogo
Reel Rookie

I posted my Remote type and model in this forum and no one from the roku team said they would report my specific issue and skipped over me to responding to other people. I've tried everything in this forum and nothing has worked, but again, my remote's power, volume, and mute buttons have stopped working completely. Nothing I do will fix it, I've tried resetting it, tested all the TV codes, changed batteries, etc. Nothing is working. We keep seeing the same messages about it being reported and an update is coming soon, but I've been following this thread for a few weeks now and haven't seen any sort of update or solution. I see a lot of people are having this problem right now all over the internet and nothing is helping.

jikwild
Channel Surfer

Per your request, here is the information on the three Roku devices that we have in our home that have not been working for several weeks now. I so hope you can help us!   J. Ikwild

NUMBER ONE:

Roku device 3800X

Serial number YF00AC51585

Device ID CT306A515858

Software version 12.5.0 

NUMBER TWO:

Roku device 3800X

Serial number YF005A102169

Device ID CT3815102169

Software version 12.5.0

NUMBER THREE:

Roku device 3800X

Serial number YF009W544414

Device ID CT37A954414

Software version 12.5.0

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @morgogo

We're sorry for the inconvenience. This issue is more likely related to the new update, which is 12.5. We have reviewed the details you have provided, and it seems you're still on 12.0. 

We'll request a reinforcement from our Support team about this. We sent you a PM for further information.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Below is the information I previously gave.

It says that I am on version 12.5. 

So, the problem is not resolved with 12.5. Now what do we do?

The information below is from the TV screen: model LC-32LB591U Hardware id 5232x s/n 2N008T631106 S/W VER 12.5.0, BUILD 4176-34 DEVICE ID CHP748631106

Thanks.

Same trouble late October 2023. my Ultra works fine. I can control it with my iPhone. but it will not pair with the original remote

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @7484,

Thanks for keeping us posted!
We want to ask you to send us a private message so we'll be able to proceed with the necessary steps to address this. To message us, select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option "Send this user a private message." Please make sure that you're maximizing the message that you will give us.

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.