Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote stopped working after software update

Thanks for the update, @jikwild!

We'll share this with the right team, and we also provide you a PM for further assistance.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote stopped working after software update...There is a new update that fixes it!!!!

No worries! We are just scrabbing the thread and appreciate you for the update. Please let us know if you experience the same issue. Thanks!

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the follow-up, @ChrisGunnell.

We have an update coming from the appropriate team regarding this issue. That being said, would you mind trying to restart your device and re-pair the remote once again to check for any differences?

Let us know what you find out.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
newbees
Channel Surfer

Both of my Roku sticks stop working with the remote after the software upgrade.

Tried every procedure mentioned in this thread.

Model 3810X SN 21503E058377

Model 3810X SN 215035614037

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @newbees,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Roku remote. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
newbees
Channel Surfer

Hi John, 

Thanks for your prompt response.

1. The model and serial numbers have been provided in my post. Kindly check.

2. The procedure you provide require a working remote, my both remotes are not working. The Roku stick only has one power button.  May you please advise how to perform your instruction?

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote PARTIALLY stopped working after software update: Roku TV remote LC-RCRUS-18

REMOTE # LC-RCRUS-18 It is original to the Roku Tv. This is not a remote with microphone, and it is a step above a simple remote. Roku is in the tv, is not an external device. As of ~ 3 wks ago, the remote will no longer power on/off, it will not mute volume, it will not page up/down in the guide, etc. It now mostly only adjusts volume up/down, pulls up the guide then single line up by line up/down in the guide. I have read all the posts for this thread and the recommended steps to take. Nothing has helped. Roku Tv/Sharp tv model LC-32LB591U Hardware id 5232x s/n 2N008T631106 S/W VER 12.5.0, BUILD 4176-34 DEVICE ID CHP748631106
0 Kudos
zborgerd
Streaming Star

Re: Remote PARTIALLY stopped working after software update: Roku TV remote LC-RCRUS-18

Sounds like your Sharp TV problems are similar to mine.

My TCL IR remote magically started working again on 12.5.0 4176-30 but only after I had the TV running for several hours of just using the Android app. It's almost as though some background process gets broken in this firmware and it finally just manages to start working again after a very long time. 

So far it's been working now for almost a week without showing signs of going back to failure. At first it would work for a few button presses and then just stop completely. But I could tell that the IR window board was at least somewhat functional because the activity LED was flashing if I'd switch to the Android app for control. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @newbees @7484,

Thank you for keeping us updated!
We'd like to investigate further with this issue, and we need to gather more information. Please send us a private message here in the Roku Community.

We'll wait for your response, and we will continue to assist you.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
newbees
Channel Surfer

Hi John,

How do I send you a private message?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.