Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv keeps returning to home screen

Hi @Biness,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku TV since it was reverting back to the home screen after launching a channel. We're happy to assist you further. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • Is this happening on all channels and contents, or is it isolated? (Specify)
  • When did the issue start?
  • Have you tried restarting your wireless network connection and Roku TV?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                        John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Biness
Reel Rookie

It’s been a week that I have this issue I restart everything but it’s still the same issue 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Biness,

We appreciate the update,

A factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration. If you are able to control your Roku device, you can easily perform a factory reset from the Settings menu. If you cannot control your device or it is completely unresponsive, you can perform a factory reset using the physical Reset button on the device.

Perform the following steps with your Roku remote or the Roku mobile app.

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced System settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

Please keep us updated on your progress so that we can continue to assist you. We look forward to your response.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bigal2024
Reel Rookie

Ive exhausted all the suggested resets ect but still the issue remains on ITVX on the 3\4 point way after the ads screen goes blank foe awhile then returns to home screen from where i  have to reselect the program i was watching then select watch followed by resume, issue is only on ITVX

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We see that you've had issues with a channel that keeps returning to the home screen, and we'd like to gather some important information for us to investigate this issue. Kindly provide the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

We look forward to your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Biness
Reel Rookie

I already did but it’s still the same issue on all Chanel’s 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for keeping us updated on the issue you've been facing with Roku, @Biness 

We kindly request you to provide us with the information we've asked for in the previous message. This information is crucial for our team to investigate the issue and provide you with a solution.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope to hear back from you soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

i am having the same problem.. did you get it fixed?

0 Kudos
Bigal2024
Reel Rookie

Thank you Kash it might be a couple of days before i get chance to follow your instructions but as soon as i di i will forward on that info requested 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @fixmytvplease 

Sending you a warm welcome from everyone in the Roku Community.

Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. In order for us to provide a solution, we kindly request you to specify which channels or apps are affected by the issue. This will help us to better understand the problem and resolve it in a timely manner.

Additionally, it would be helpful for us if you could provide the requested information above this thread since it will be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team so we can investigate the issue further.

We hope to hear back from you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.