Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dunedad
Channel Surfer

Roku express buffering youtube tv DVR playback after firmware update

Ever since the latest firmware update that was pushed on my Roku express device whenever I attempt to play a recorded program from my YouTube TV app the playback just buffers (spinning wheel). The only way to play the DVR recording is to restart the system thru Roku home page on the device screen.

I understand the train of though that this is an issue related to the YouTube TV app, but I did not experience this problem until after the latest version of firmware/software download, which leads me to belive that this is related to the update.

Here's the details of software version and build for my Roku express. I have checked and this is the latest version of software available thru the device home>settings menu page. 

Software version :13.0.0

Build:24062

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku express buffering youtube tv DVR playback after firmware update

Thank you for keeping us posted, @Dunedad!

We noticed that the Roku Express had buffering issues on the YouTube channel after the update, and we're here to assist you with that.

In some cases, removing and re-installing the channel may resolve the issue. To ensure success, follow the steps below, restarting your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star 

to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Refer to earlier instructions to restart your Roku device.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
  4. Restart your internet router.

If you have tried other troubleshooting steps or encountered an error code, please provide the details, and also check if this issue is happening with other channels.

We'll be waiting for your response and will look into this issue closely.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.