Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tij662
Reel Rookie

Hulu on Roku not working on Hulu

I have a TVL Class 4 series Roku Smart TV. Hulu has been buffering on it for about 3 weeks now. I maybe get 20 minutes of viewing and it starts buffering non stop. Hulu works fine on Fire stick and when I cast it, just not with the Roku Hulu app. This is so frustrating. I’ve tried checking WiFi, restarting tv, clearing cache, deleting Hulu and downloading again. It continues so buffer. This has to be a Hulu/ Roku thing. If it was the internet, it wouldn’t work over Firestick. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: Hulu on Roku not working on Hulu

@Tij662 

Sorry to hear you're been dealing with bufffering issues on the Hulu app for 3 weeks now. That does sound frustrating. I would have suggested trying all the different ways of trying to fix the problem that you've tried. 

I can only think of two other idea one super simple and another that could be annoying but could fix the issue. You may have tried the first already and I know it sounds super simple but have you tried unplugging the Roku device itself? If you haven't I'd give it a shot.

The only other way I can think of and maybe someone else will have a better idea of fixing the buffering issue would be to do a factory reset on your Roku. Meaning you'll reset your Roku like it was on the day you first opened the box. There's a good chance this will fix the issue. But know along with deleting Hulu  any other apps you've downloaded will also be deleted and you'll have to download them again

Just wanted to make sure I said that as a word of caution if you decide to go the route. It might not be a big deal for you but it could for others.

To factory reset your Roku go to Settings, then scroll down to System, then find Advanced System Settings, and lastly Factory Reset. They'll give you a code you have to put in but ocne you do that you'll have finished the Factory Reset.

Let me know what you end up doing and whether you have success with it. My fingers are crossed and best of luck!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.