Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv keeps returning to home screen

Thanks for the response, @Bigal2024

We acknowledge your message, and we will look forward on the information that you'll provide so we can take necessary actions to address and resolve the issue.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kelly88

Mine doesn't even show a settings, how do you even get to the settings? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Kelly88, you don't give us much to go on.  Have you tried unplugging the power for a minute or so and plugging it back in?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jpreich
Reel Rookie

I too am having the return to home screen issue... Here is my info:

Tracker ID: 74-110-965
GC version: 11.0.29
Model: 8116X - Roku TV

Serial #: YK003L745874
Model: 32S327
Device ID: JDA9A3745874
Software OS: 12.5.5 BUILD 4174-48

YouTube version 2.23 build 115025160
Hulu version: 6.79 build 0
YouTube TV version 2.23 build 115025064

Is there any hope?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @jpreich 

We appreciate you for providing the necessary information. We want to assure you that your input is valuable and will be forwarded to the Roku team that specializes in handling such matters. They will closely investigate the issue and take appropriate measures to address it. Additionally, we will provide you with an update as soon as we hear back from them. 

We hope for your understanding and patience as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bigal2024
Reel Rookie

After suffering return to home screen problems for the past couple of months when on ITVX i have not had the problem for the last couple of days, dont know what has happened to rectify the issue other than I had reached out to ITVX for help gave them the information they requested and in between time i suffered a major Virgin Media outage in my area and was forced to do a number of Factory resets to my Router to get my network up and running again, so i am unsure of what as resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
bzhudgins

If you’d **bleep**ing read, they said Roku tv dumbass

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bzhudgins,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd love to further investigate this issue that you had. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Is this happening on all channels and contents, or is it isolated? (Specify)
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • Are your other devices able to connect to the network without any issues or latency?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RhynoMyke

I've foolishly just purchased my 4th Roku tv, each one being a different brand. I've returned the 1st 3 because I was unable to watch anything without being annoyed with cutting to home screen. For a brief moment I was beginning to think my house was haunted lol. Roku needs to stop telling it's customers to jump through unnecessary hoops  to fix something that can't and shouldn't be when they already know it's their products with issues. Lying to us only upsets us. There are other tvs, like ALL other tvs, we will give our money to instead. Just a thought. 

0 Kudos
fyath1
Reel Rookie

I found this on Reddit with Brandyboo1921 posted fix for ONN tv 3 yrs ago.  Use the power button on the TV not the remote. I'm going to try this on my Phillips Roku with the same issues,

Use the power button to power off the tv. (Power button is under the tv, under the black box on the bottom) once you turn the tv off, unplug the tv from the wall. Once unplugged, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.(Apparently this get rid of any of the residual power that is left over after shutting down the tv.) After 30 seconds, plug the tv back in and turn the TV on using the power button.