Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RBoyd

Re: Tv keeps returning to home screen

Even after a restart my Roku will go back to the home page. It’s very annoying. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RBoyd,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for raising this problem directly with us!

We would be delighted to look into this matter more thoroughly for you. Can you please provide the following information that has been asked above? In addition, do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

So I have the same problem. tv returns to home screen as well, I have a hisence 40". I was watching happy Gilmore and was 1/4 of the way in and it did it and I have other roku tvs and they don't do it. But it only does it when the TV is at idle while watching TV shows and movies there is no where in the setting to turn it off TV idle or anything it's like a hidden feature for the TV almost like sleep the sleep timer but permant.

0 Kudos
Anonymous50
Channel Surfer

Purpose of community if ROKU dies not help. Resetting waste of time, as requires constant on Prime, Tubi

0 Kudos
Anonymous50
Channel Surfer

Westinghouse ROKU new gift.  Failed on Samsung too.  It appears a ROKU TV issue as stick works on other TV.  Why all the trouble getting an answer or maybe ROKU needs a reset tot consumers.

0 Kudos
Anonymous50
Channel Surfer

Remains waste of time. My internet provider came out, perfect 5G Fiberoptics with boost. Works on everything but ROKU.

0 Kudos
Anonymous50
Channel Surfer

Also, worse precommercials!!!!!

0 Kudos
Anonymous50
Channel Surfer

Re: Tv keeps returning to Home Screen worse with commercials

Reset major fail, Fiberoptics say ROKU needs to reboot, complaints.

0 Kudos
Anonymous50
Channel Surfer

Ridiculous.  
ROKU TVs

Not Apple, not stick, resets are horrific.

internet carrier says ROKU needs to boost, and update with so many complaints.  Internet 5G fiber optics with boost, added wall set, still **bleep** with Freevee and T•UBI

0 Kudos
Anonymous50
Channel Surfer

And Westinghouse Roku 

0 Kudos