Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
william_5678
Channel Surfer

New home and same ISP/service, but now all Roku devices report "Not Supported" message????

Jump to solution

Moved into new home but same ISP (Spectrum). Using same TV's and Roku streaming sticks as before that all worked fine. But now upon startup I get a "Not Supported? on my screen and I have to either hit the home button or unplug it and reset it to get channels to show up. Does not recover and self-correct; the message - it just sits there.

There is no rational explanation I can come up with for this since its all the same gear as a week ago.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: New home and same ISP/service, but now all Roku devices report "Not Supported" message

Jump to solution

“Not supported” is probably displayed by the TV.

If pressing Home is all it takes then it sounds like you are seeing Roku’s optional power savings setting.  If you don’t like it:

Settings -> System -> Power -> Auto power savings

I suppose another possibility is that the TV was on the wrong input and when you pressed HOME, the Roku got it to switch via HDMI-CEC.  (But if that were the case, then the TV would be likely to be on the right input the next time.)

Banned but back. Because why not?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: New home and same ISP/service, but now all Roku devices report "Not Supported" message

Jump to solution

“Not supported” is probably displayed by the TV.

If pressing Home is all it takes then it sounds like you are seeing Roku’s optional power savings setting.  If you don’t like it:

Settings -> System -> Power -> Auto power savings

I suppose another possibility is that the TV was on the wrong input and when you pressed HOME, the Roku got it to switch via HDMI-CEC.  (But if that were the case, then the TV would be likely to be on the right input the next time.)

0 Kudos
william_5678
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Forget to add it also says "No Signal" even though there clearly is one and I can eventually get channels and programming to come up. Just never had these messages before...it went right into the channel guide.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

“No signal” is another TV message that you’ll see when a TV is on the wrong input, or a device is powered-down/asleep. 

0 Kudos
william_5678
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't think its an input issue. I've been connecting TVS for many years - I use the HDMI input and it eventually show programming so it's obviously where the signal is coming through. 

And,..its happening on all my three TV's not just one.

0 Kudos
william_5678
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Seems you were right about the power savers setting. Changed it and TV's seem to be back to normal Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.