Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound issue - Can’t Hear Voices, Music Is OK

After watching several episodes, in a row, of Masters of Horror season 2 on the Roku Channel, episode 8 Valerie on the Stairs comes on and I could only hear the music and some background effects, like the knocks on the door but could not hear any of the voices. I did not pause, fast forward or rewind but when the ad came on the ad played fine. The episode did not when it resumed afterward. At that point I tried playing the next episode, which played fine, then tried the previous episode, it played fine. Not a problem with any other app and I don't have any of the other things people mentioned like a sound bar. It' just that one episode. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sound issue - Can’t Hear Voices, Music Is OK

@PsycHouse2pt0 

Season 2, episode 8 (Valerie on the Stairs) is playing fine on the free channels/apps Tubi and Plex.

Sometimes easier to just watch on another free channel/app when you encounter an issue like this. (this audio problem does occur from time to time on the Roku Channel).

---

I did notice that if you switch the Volume Mode to "Off" as opposed to "leveling" or "night", that the voices/audio will be heard correctly.  Just press the asterick (*) button while watching the episode and toggle the Volume Mode to "off" and you should be good to go for this episode.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.