Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mahie1002
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

I am having this same issue as of today, I've tried all the fixes from every site and still netflix plays a few seconds and tells me to exit and reopen netflix or to unplug my TV but nothing has fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
Mahie1002
Reel Rookie

Solution for me....complete factory reset of my Roku TV.

0 Kudos
ricagurgel
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuERey Exactly same as report by @JFM2 here. So follows my data:

Device Model: 32S5195 (AOC 32" Roku TV)
Serial: X00500D1K0PK
Device ID: S0067031K0PK
OS Version: 12.5.5 - REV 4174-AG

Tracking ID: PK-087-666

In time: This issue didn't happen in the previous Roku OS Version (12.0? I Think).

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @ricagurgel,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your comment about this issue going on with the Netflix channel and the information you've provided.

I'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team as an additional update about this ongoing issue.

We currently don't have any update on this, but we'll make sure to keep this thread posted once we get one.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

We are having the same problem on my Sharp Roku TV.  Everything is updated to current. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.  No other all having issues.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @tgreenery79

We're thrilled to have you as a part of the Roku Community.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We appreciate your willingness to work with us to resolve it. To that end, we have prepared a series of troubleshooting steps that we believe will be helpful in addressing the issue.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If the issue persists, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll do our best to help. We're committed to working alongside you until we've resolved the problem.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ricagurgel
Reel Rookie

As mentioned before, the problem persist, even restart, re-install app, reset tv. As mentioned it's very fluid before last major OS upgrade, 12.5 I think 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @ricagurgel

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We understand that the issue is still ongoing and we want to reassure you that we are working on it. We will provide an update to the Roku team as soon as possible once we have made progress in our investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work on resolving this issue. 

We will keep you updated on any developments in this thread.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ew1910

I'm having the same issues on my TCL Roku TV. I can't hardly play anything on Netflix. Sometimes the audio goes out, sometimes it buffers and never loads, other times it completely crashes. This has been ongoing for weeks

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ew1910,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue streaming Netflix, and we would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues.
We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

If the issue persists, please refer to the Support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos