Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

You have got to be kidding me. I’ve tried all of the fixes and nothing works. My internet is fine. It sounds like a bot is answering these posts. Is there a solution or not?  If I need a new TV then just say that. The amount of people who are super pissed off is not good for ROKU or Netflix. Roku is easy to ditch…Netflix is not. Come on!  F-ing do something or tell us that you aren’t going to. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Hbdbdjdicjdbris.

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming with the Netflix channel and we'd be happy to find you the best resolution possible.

Before proceeding, may we know if this is the only channel affected by this? If so, are there any error messages prompted on your screen? Since you've performed all the possible troubleshooting steps provided on this thread, we highly suggest reaching out to the channel provider themselves (Netflix Support) for further assistance and clarification, as they are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform. Their channel may need an update from them. 

In the meantime, you can highlight Netflix's channel tile and press the star (*) button on your remote to update it. 

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. Please keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Yurlen84

No open 

0 Kudos
Thegolfitems1
Reel Rookie

If you're experiencing issues with Netflix not working on your Roku streaming device, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the problem. First, ensure that your Roku device is connected to the internet by checking the network settings in the Roku menu. If the connection is stable, try restarting your Roku device as a simple reboot can often fix temporary glitches. Additionally, make sure that the Netflix app is up to date by checking for updates in the Roku menu. If the problem persists, clearing the Netflix app cache by removing and reinstalling it may help. Finally, if none of these steps work, contacting Netflix or Roku support can provide further assistance in resolving the issue.

0 Kudos
Jax403

This exact same thing happened when setting up a brand new ROKU TV for the bedroom..started reading all these threads and came across the one that suggested I go to the Home Screen…Go to Netflix icon…hit the asterisk star on the remote ..options will pop up to reset or restart app which I hit OK..Netflix loaded and I signed in also using the remote..all is working fine now..Hope it helps you. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jax403,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for letting us know about this. We appreciate your patience and effort in this matter, and we're happy to hear that the issue has already been resolved.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nepflea

How to fix Netflix error code: tvq-pb-101 (5.3)

Hello,

I have followed these steps:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

and still have the same issue. If I attempt to:

• fast forward and then press play;
  • rewind and then press play; and
  • resume a movie or episode from where I left it

Netflix either freezes and I have to restart or I get the tvq-pb-101 (5.3) error code from Netflix.

According to Netflix, "This error happens when an issue with data stored on your device stops Netflix from playing". 

I have a Roku Streambar, model 9102X. I have ensured that the software is up to date. I have also attempted to resolve the matter through Netflix who then explained there is nothing they can do as this is a Roku device issue. 

Please advise.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to fix Netflix error code: tvq-pb-101 (5.3)

Hi @Nepflea,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to the Netflix channel. We also appreciate the troubleshooting steps that have been performed to try to resolve the issue. We want to clarify: does the issue occur with specific content or all the content on the Netflix channel?

We suggest performing a system restart on your Roku device by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

If the issue persists, kindly help us with the required details so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team. Please 

provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About.)
  • What channel and version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID.)
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue.

We look forward to hearing your response and receiving your device details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nepflea

Hi Chel,

Please see my responses to your comments in blue:

We suggest performing a system restart on your Roku device by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

This did not solve the problem.

Provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About.)
    • Model: 9102R - Roku Streambar
    • SN: YL001V487217
    • Device ID: 2A1091487217
    • Software OS/version: 13.0.0 • build 24028-95
  • What channel and version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
    • Netflix Version 5.2 • build 130088002
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID.)
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue.
    • I cannot provide information for these last 2 points as I have resolved the issue on my own.

Solution:

I ended up doing a factory reset and removed a bunch of channels that were preinstalled that I do not use. Only then did the issue with Netflix stop.

I'm not sure if it was the factory reset that removed a bug or if there were just too many channels hogging up space needed for Netflix to work properly. Also, I should note that the details I provided above were collected AFTER the factory reset (not sure if that makes a difference).

If the issue returns, I will try to capture it in a video and provide the Tracker ID. 

Thanks anyways,

Nepflea

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Nepflea,

Thank you for letting us know about this!

We express our gratitude for your patience and effort in resolving this matter, and we're happy to hear that the matter has been resolved.

Please let us know if there are other related issues we can investigate further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos