Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

Jump to solution

You have got to be kidding me. I’ve tried all of the fixes and nothing works. My internet is fine. It sounds like a bot is answering these posts. Is there a solution or not?  If I need a new TV then just say that. The amount of people who are super pissed off is not good for ROKU or Netflix. Roku is easy to ditch…Netflix is not. Come on!  F-ing do something or tell us that you aren’t going to. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Hbdbdjdicjdbris.

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming with the Netflix channel and we'd be happy to find you the best resolution possible.

Before proceeding, may we know if this is the only channel affected by this? If so, are there any error messages prompted on your screen? Since you've performed all the possible troubleshooting steps provided on this thread, we highly suggest reaching out to the channel provider themselves (Netflix Support) for further assistance and clarification, as they are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform. Their channel may need an update from them. 

In the meantime, you can highlight Netflix's channel tile and press the star (*) button on your remote to update it. 

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. Please keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Yurlen84

Jump to solution

No open 

0 Kudos
Thegolfitems1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If you're experiencing issues with Netflix not working on your Roku streaming device, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the problem. First, ensure that your Roku device is connected to the internet by checking the network settings in the Roku menu. If the connection is stable, try restarting your Roku device as a simple reboot can often fix temporary glitches. Additionally, make sure that the Netflix app is up to date by checking for updates in the Roku menu. If the problem persists, clearing the Netflix app cache by removing and reinstalling it may help. Finally, if none of these steps work, contacting Netflix or Roku support can provide further assistance in resolving the issue.

0 Kudos
Jax403

Jump to solution

This exact same thing happened when setting up a brand new ROKU TV for the bedroom..started reading all these threads and came across the one that suggested I go to the Home Screen…Go to Netflix icon…hit the asterisk star on the remote ..options will pop up to reset or restart app which I hit OK..Netflix loaded and I signed in also using the remote..all is working fine now..Hope it helps you. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jax403,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for letting us know about this. We appreciate your patience and effort in this matter, and we're happy to hear that the issue has already been resolved.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cwmagui
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Wish I had come here first!  Over an hour and a half on the phone with Netflix.  I hung up on them when they told me I needed to have my ISP reset my router back to defaults (Simply because my profile on ONE device was out of sync).  

0 Kudos
stuckey513
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same TV and the same problems. Glad to see they're still clueless a year later..

0 Kudos
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @stuckey513!

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We know that you're having the same issue with your Netflix, and we appreciate your report and are happy to help.

You can also try some troubleshooting provided on our support page here if you haven't tried any of it yet: How to resolve a channel playback issue - Roku Support.

If this has been applied, please share with us the details below.

• Roku device modelserial numberdevice ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Netflix channel version (highlight the channel tile, then press the * sign button on your device).

Upon receiving this information, we will pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We are eagerly anticipating your update!

Thanks,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jrvolpe311

Jump to solution

When will a solution be available?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.