Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jdou87
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix Netflix not working on my Roku streaming device

We’ve been having the same issue for our TCL Roku. It’s maddening. The Netflix app Does. Not. Work.

please fix it, Roku.

disney plus, Hulu, YouTube are all fine. It’s only Netflix, and only on our Roku tv. It streams fine on a laptop. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jdou87,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be glad to assist you even more. Please try the troubleshooting steps that @RokuJechealR provided above.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mstraci

Been having the same issues as everyone else on my TCL Roku but only with Netflix app. This has been going on for a few months! What's the deal?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mstraci,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Netflix channel. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Dear Roku Mods - 

We have ALL read ALL your steps to solve this issue. Its been going on for some people for days, some for weeks, and others for months. 

THIS IS YOUR ISSUE, NOT OURS. 

Please stop reposting the same troubleshooting steps and FIX THIS F*CKING ISSUE! 

I love ROKU, I have four steaming sticks and one ROKU TV and I feel like you guys should be reimbursing me for AT LEAST the last 30 days of Netflix subscription because I can only watch it ON MY PHONE. 

Jdou87
Reel Rookie

It doesn’t work. I’ve deleted the app, reinstalled the app, updated the app. Factory reset the whole tv. Everything I could think of from my end. It’s ROKUs problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jdou87,

Thanks for the response!

We're sorry for any inconvenience that it may have caused you. We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have taken to try to resolve the issue. We want nothing more than to have you uninterrupted streaming. We'll be collecting some details related to your Roku device and the app itself. Please provide the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Netflix channel version (highlight the channel tile, then press the * sign button on your device).

Once we have this information, we'll be able to forward this report to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have been having the same problem as above in [1]. I select netflix from the home screen and the screen just goes black. Other channels load the login screen, but netflix just stays black and i am never able to login.

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Michael1616,

A warm welcome, and thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're experiencing a playback issue on the Netflix channel. We're glad to assist.

We recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this support article on how to resolve a channel playback issue. If the issue persists, please help us by providing the required details above, posted by @RokuJechealR, so that we can pass along the information to the appropriate support team for further investigation.

Your response is highly anticipated. 

Warm regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rikazkhan
Reel Rookie

<meta charset="UTF-8" /> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" /> Netflix Not Working on Roku

How to Fix Netflix Not Working on Roku

1. Restart your Roku device by unplugging it for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in.
  2. Ensure your Roku firmware is up to date by navigating to Settings > System > System update.
  3. Check your internet connection on Roku by going to Settings > Network > Check connection.
  4. Sign out of Netflix on Roku and sign back in. Go to the Netflix home screen, select Settings, then Sign Out. Sign in again with your credentials.
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the Netflix channel on Roku. Navigate to the Netflix channel, press the * button on your Roku remote, select Remove channel, confirm, then reinstall the channel from the Roku Channel Store.
  6. If none of the above steps work, contact Netflix support or Roku support for further assistance.