Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agathakrista
Channel Surfer

Audio out of sync with HULU and Roku Streambar Pro

Jump to solution

For awhile now, I have been having audio sync issues with my Roku Streambar Pro and Hulu.  Commercials do not appear to be affected.  I have to do restart to get it back in sync.  Sometimes, it stays in sync for several hours and other times I have to do a restart multiple times while trying to watch an hour show.   I do not have the issue with any other streaming platform.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio out of sync with HULU and Roku Streambar Pro

Jump to solution

Hi @yatinla,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku Express 4K. We're happy to assist you. Please try to restart your Roku device by going to settings, system, and system restart.

If the problem still persists, try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Agathakrista,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We recommend performing the following steps as a workaround to see if it makes an improvement with the audio sync issue on Hulu.

1. Open the Roku mobile app on their iOS or Android Phone
  2. In the app, while on the same wifi as the desired device, go to devices and select the Roku soundbar
  3. Tap Remote    from the navigation bar
  4. Tap the Gear icon    to open the Controls menu
  5. Tap Adjust audio delay
  6. Tap Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions

Once performed, kindly observe and see if there have been good results with the troubleshooting steps provided.

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Agathakrista,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out for assistance here in the Roku Community!

Let's try following the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue. We recommend precisely following the steps to get the best results.

1. Remove the Hulu channel by highlighting it from the channel tile, and pressing the star (*) button. Then select the remove option.
  2. Do a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Add the Hulu channel back by searching for it from the "Streaming Store."

Once precisely performed, kindly check the channel to see if you notice any improvements. Let us know about this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
zr2yz125

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with my Streambar (non-pro).  I deleted, rebooted and reinstalled just as you said.  This did not solve the problem with Hulu audio being out of sync.  Commercials are always OK, it is just the show that  is out of sync.

I can fix it by using the 10sec rewind button (backwards circle with arrow).  This will fix it as long as pressing it will not take me back to the commercial.  I let the audio mess up for about 30 seconds, press the 10sec rewind button and then it works.  Pressing pause does not fix it.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate you for joining us here at the Roku Community, @zr2yz125!

We sincerely regret any trouble this may have caused you. No worries! We'd be more than willing to forward your concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to fix this as soon as possible, as your convenience and satisfaction are what we aim for.

Kindly provide us with the following information below for us to be able to pass this along effectively:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (This can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. What version/build is the app/channel? (This can be found by highlighting the channel/app on the Home screen and pressing the Star* button)
  3. Streambar device serial number and device ID (This can be found at the back of your streambar device)

We eagerly look forward to hearing back from you as we are committed to finding a resolution to your concerns.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Agathakrista
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have tried that with no success. 

My Sony TV is only about 2 years old, maybe three and the soundbar is about 2 years old.  My problems began about 6 months ago.  I have no idea what changed. 

Our latest attempt has been to drop the 4K settings for the TV.  So far so good, but it's a shame that I can't use a 4K setting.  If this doesn't work we are going to remove the soundbar. 

0 Kudos
Agathakrista
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've not tried that.  But it's a shame that the equipment doesn't work as it should or as it has for almost 2 years.

0 Kudos
Agathakrista
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Model 9101R2 - Roku Streambar Pro

Serial # YL0066462141

Software version 12.0.0 build 4184-95

Device ID 3K623642141

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Your responses are highly appreciated @Agathakrista,

Rest assured, this has already been forwarded to our appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. 

If you have other concerns that need immediate action, please let us know.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue but with the Streambar Pro

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Urbancamper,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out, and our team is aware of this issue going on and is currently investigating it.

Hopefully this will get resolved soon, so that we can put you back on stream. In the meantime, we'll need your patience and understanding.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.