Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvc
Channel Surfer

Re: Audio out of sync with HULU and Roku Streambar Pro

I have the same issue and more, have posted all the issues and what I've tried with Hulu here:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Community-discussions/Fox-and-ABC-Hulu-programs-loop-continuously-at-t... 

0 Kudos
mvc
Channel Surfer

0 Kudos
Agathakrista
Channel Surfer

Turns out that Hulu does not support the Roku Streambar Pro.  I switched back to my old Roku and have not had any further problems.  But I prefer the sound bar.

0 Kudos
Agathakrista
Channel Surfer

I've done that multiple times.  Doesn't change much.  What I have found is that Hulu does not support the Roku Streambar Pro. 

0 Kudos
yatinla
Reel Rookie

I'm having lip sync issues with Roku 4K Express.  Only happens when watching programs recorded from live TV and even then only some parts of the programming are out of sync.  

I have a smart TV and I don't have the same problem with the same recording if I use the TV's Hulu app.  It's very frustrating because I prefer to only use the Roku and not have to switch to the TV for Hulu.  I used to subscribe to Youtube TV and I never had lip sync issues on the same Roku with Youtube TV.  

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Agathakrista,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to know more about the issue that you're having with the Roku streambar. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? When did the issue start?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @yatinla,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku Express 4K. We're happy to assist you. Please try to restart your Roku device by going to settings, system, and system restart.

If the problem still persists, try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Agathakrista
Channel Surfer

I would say that the problem has been going on for about 6 months, maybe more.  I have tried various settings for the TV and audio, removed Hulu from my menu, turned off the TV, turned on the TV and added Hulu back, and of course, checked for updates to Roku.  Nothing worked.  So I have gone back to an earlier Roku box that we have and the problem has gone away.  I miss the Roku Streambar Pro as it helped with the different sound levels in shows and especially with movies with explosions. But it's nice not to have restart the Roku multiple times during a show because the audio is out of sync with the video.

Leslie

0 Kudos
Agathakrista
Channel Surfer

I have done more times than I can to think about.  I think the most times I have had to restart the Roku during a one hour show is 4, maybe 5 times.

Leslie

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Agathakrista,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We recommend performing the following steps as a workaround to see if it makes an improvement with the audio sync issue on Hulu.

1. Open the Roku mobile app on their iOS or Android Phone
  2. In the app, while on the same wifi as the desired device, go to devices and select the Roku soundbar
  3. Tap Remote    from the navigation bar
  4. Tap the Gear icon    to open the Controls menu
  5. Tap Adjust audio delay
  6. Tap Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions

Once performed, kindly observe and see if there have been good results with the troubleshooting steps provided.

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.