Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvc
Channel Surfer

Fox and ABC Hulu programs loop continuously at the beginning on Roku Streambar

I have Roku streambar and Hulu app. About a month ago I started noticing that Fox and ABC Hulu programs loop continuously at the very beginning and will not start to play. I'm able to work around this by starting the programs in Hulu on my laptop, or by starting them in the Chromecast Hulu app and playing through the Roku streambar on Chromecast. TV is 2018 Vizio w/ built-in Chromecast but I use Roku for everything (cord cutter). I have done the following to troubleshoot:

1. Removed and re-added Hulu app in Roku
  2. Restarted/rebooted the TV and streambar
  3. Ensured that the streambar, TV, and all apps are up to date
  4. Tried various sound combinations in the Roku streambar settings including turning Leveling off and using defaults

This problem with Hulu app does not occur on my 2013 Toshiba TV which is using a Taotronics audio bar and a Roku plugged in device. And does not occur on the Vizio TV when using Hulu app in Chromecast. Everything points to a compatibility issue w/ Hulu and Roku streambar but since I can run Hulu through the streambar for audio with Chromecast it's confounding. I contacted Hulu and they have no solution. Has anyone here had this issue and resolved it? If so, what worked? Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Fox and ABC Hulu programs loop continuously at the beginning on Roku Streambar

Hi @mvc,

Thanks for the post and for sharing us with more specific information about this issue you're experiencing.

We'd be more than happy to look closely into this. Could you share with us the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you're seeing
  • errors that you are experiencing on screen.
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

This will help our engineering team investigate the issue further. We'll look forward to it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
mvc
Channel Surfer

Re: Fox and ABC Hulu programs loop continuously at the beginning on Roku Streambar

Hi Rey, thanks for your reply. 

Device model: 9102R

Serial #: YL00DF943273

ID: 2A116D943273

Software version: 12.0.0 build 4184-95

Tracker ID info is attached image.

Acceptance criteria:

1. Can play Fox and ABC programs without continuous looping in the beginning from Roku Hulu app
  2. Can play programs from Roku Hulu app without audio going off-sync (requires rewind/restart to re-sync audio)

Steps to reproduce:

I want to watch Masked Singer using the Hulu app with Roku streambar so that I can have a nice TV night with popcorn!

1. Go to Roku home
  2. Choose Hulu app
  3. Go to "my stuff" in Hulu and choose Masked Singer
  4. Execute the latest episode 
  5. Fox logo appears and the expectation is that an ad will play
  6. Fox logo continually loops and the ad never plays
  7. Program never plays and is stuck at the beginning in a continuous loop

Tracker report issueTracker report issue

0 Kudos

We are having the exact same thing. My wife was trying to watch the Bachelor on Hulu, and it stuck.  We followed all the same steps:  Here is our issue tracker

Issue report tracker

Model: 7105X - Roku TV

Serial number: YNOOMT522518 (967C522518)

Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4182-30

GC version: 10.1.517

Timestamp: 2023-10-06T22:38:46Z

Please use issue ID 18-401-678 to report the current issue.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you so much for the follow-up @mvc and @GlennyKravitz,

No worries, we'll forward the details you have provided to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as our team reviews this one.

If you have other issues you'd like to share, please do so in order for us to address them immediately. If it's another issue, feel free to create another thread.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.