Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CONEJO77
Binge Watcher

Unable to play any titles on the Roku channel

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? I have been unable to play any titles since Sept. and no help from Support. Up until then, I had not issues with the Roku channel since I installed it 3 years ago. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to play any titles on the Roku channel

Hi @CONEJO77,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Have you tried removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it? In some cases, that resolves the issue. Make sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If reaching the power cord to unplug your Roku device is inconvenient, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > PowerSystem Restart > Restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Reinstall the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CONEJO77
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to play any titles on the Roku channel

Thanks for the reply Chel, 

According to RokuERey, my problem is with my VPN. Seems Roku made some changes recently that affected VPN's and he said I need to disconnect the VPN in order to watch the Roku channel. Well that is a no go. I reside in SA and have to use a VPN inorder to watch most if not all my streaming apps.  I will be canceling my Roku subscription once I recieve my Apple TV device. No issues with this one. Its a darn shame, because when I first intalled Roku, 3 years ago it worked just fine until they made this change last Sept.

Thanks again 

Randall

0 Kudos