Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zektrell

Roku "unable to hear" my voice command

When I activate voice command i receive a screen message "unable to hear you.  Try again". I have tried ALL the recommended remedies to no avail. From reading other customer's  same problem with the Roku remote, I assume from all of the replies that the only remedy left is to replace it, which is what I am asking for. Please let me know what I need to do.

Thank you. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku "unable to hear" my voice command

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Zektrell!

I appreciate you reaching out for support about the issues you've encountered with the voice command feature on your Roku remote. I'd be happy to look closely into this matter and suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you. 

Firstly, could you please let me know the following so I can assess your concern better:

• When did you first notice that your Roku remote cannot hear your voice?
  • Did this happen even when you first paired your remote to your Roku player?
  • Is this happening to your Roku Express 4K+? If so, could you please provide me with its serial number?
  • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, try resetting your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and try the voice command to see if this works. 

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.