Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Control Remote Volume on Roku Streambar Pro

I have a Roku Streambar Pro with 4 wireless surround speakers and a subwoofer, but I use a separate Roku Ultra to actually stream content because the Streambar Pro doesn’t support DolbyVision for some reason. 

Using my Streambar Pro as an HDMI ARC AV receiver, my Roku Ultra forwards it audio thru my LG C1 TV via passthrough, and is supposed to also send it volume commands via HDMI CEC. 

And that works perfectly… for awhile. After a few hours, whether I’m actively using it or not, the volume commands will start to lag more and more until eventually the Streambar Pro stops responding to CEC volume commands at all. When I restart the Streambar Pro, the connection is reset and everything works perfectly again for awhile. 

I cannot figure out why this happens. I have tried using different HDMI cables, updating both Roku players and the remote, using different Roku remotes, even using a different streaming player in place of the Roku Ultra but it STILL eventually stops responding to CEC volume commands. 

I just do not understand why the Streambar Pro slowly stops responding to CEC volume every single day even though it works just fine when I first turn it on or restart it. I even set a timer to cycle the power to it every night but it only takes a few hours to go right back to malfunctioning, not even a daily reset is enough. 

Can anyone explain to me what I’m doing wrong? Thank you. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.