Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hvpooly
Reel Rookie

Roku Voice Remote Randomly Stops Working and Unpairs

I have a Roku Voice Remote. The kind you plug in to charge and doesn't require batteries. It's less than a year old and these last few weeks it's been useless. It just randomly quits working. It won't do any Roku functions or any of the TV functions.  If I hold the button on the back the green light starts blinking and eventually the TV will say the remote is pairing. Then the battery level will flash on the screen. Then it will take me to the Voice consent page. Which I can't even click the I agree button because the remote still doesn't work. At this point if I turn the voice button on the side on or off it will pop up on the TV and if I say "Hey Roku" it will show that it's listening on the TV and it will do what I ask. If I ping the remote it will make the alarm noise but no matter which button I push it just doesn't respond and keeps pinging it until the timer runs out. 

This started two weeks ago. The first couple times after many attempts it would repair. But now it will say Pairing Remote on the TV but it doesn't pair and has become useless. 

Labels (1)
12 REPLIES 12
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Randomly Stops Working and Unpairs

Hi @Hvpooly,

Thanks for the post!

We see that you're seeing unintended behavior when using your Roku Voice Remote Pro. Could you tell us when you tried repairing your remote? Have you also tried performing a system restart (from Settings>System>Power(if available)>Restart) to see if that helps?

Tell us more about this so that we'll be able to further assist you.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hvpooly
Reel Rookie

I've had to re pair my remote almost daily for the last few weeks. The last attempt was this morning. And yes, I've done a full restart many times. Usually multiple times a day. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @Hvpooly.

Rest assured that we have already forwarded your concern to our Support team. Kindly check your email for updates. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JeffW1

Same thing happening for me, Roku Ultra and Voice Remote. I have reset the remote and the Roku multiple times. I can always get the remote to pair and work for a few minutes, but it always stops working again. Tried replacing batteries multiple times also. While paired, the Roku reports that the remote's batteries are are at more than 70%. I'm at a loss. Considering ordering a new remote, but I'm not entirely sure that's the problem.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JeffW1,

Thanks for sharing your experience with this issue, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Please send us a PM here at the Roku Community, as we may need personal data to resolve this remote issue.

We'll wait for your response.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Altotus
Reel Rookie

I’ve got the same problem. It stays paired less than an hour most of the time.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Altotus

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for bringing the issue you've encountered to us, and we'd be more than glad to assist. What specific Remote are you having issues with? Is it a Roku Voice Remote or a Voice Remote Pro? Also, what steps have you tried in an attempt to resolve the issue such us unpairing-re-pairing, Roku device restart, etc?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Altotus
Reel Rookie

I have unpaired and repaired the remote countless times and replaced the batteries because we thought they may have been the problem. We've restarted the Roku frequently as well. It's a voice remote, RC461 and it's on firmware 2.01.19.108.

Thanks!

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Altotus,

Thanks for the update!

Could you tell us if this is the remote that came along with your device? If so, please share the serial number with us. We'd like to take a closer look.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.