Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beanskale

Looking for universal remote for Roku Stick

I don't want to use the Roku remote because I don't want a remote with microphone capabilities, and I don't want a remote with "netflix" "apple" etc buttons on it. I also just don't want to have an extra remote around for no reason. I have the Phillips universal remote that works for my tv, soundbar, dvd player... but apparently it won't work with the Roku stick.

Are there any universal remotes that work with Roku sticks?! If I can't get a universal remote to work with roku stick I'm just going to return the whole thing. Having to use a proprietary extraneous remote for the device is nonsense.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Looking for universal remote for Roku Stick

There's nothing that I'm aware of.  The old Harmony Hub, I think, could control Roku devices using ECP, but they aren't made anymore and I don't know if they would still work that way (support is questionable).  If you want to use a universal remote with a Roku device, avoid sticks that require a proprietary Roku remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos