Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QokuSokuNotRku
Reel Rookie

Find my remote feature beeping won't stop

I also have an Ultra and the beeping won't stop and there is no disable option under the lost remote sound settings, there's only the three beep sounds to choose from. Sounds like this is feature, not a bug, to have you buy another Roku product sooner. 😞

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Find my remote feature beeping won't stop

Hi @QokuSokuNotRku,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further. Please note that the Roku remote finder feature will only be enabled once you press the locator button, and pressing any button will stop the sound. For more information about the Roku remote finder, visit our Support page here: How do I find my Roku remote using a remote finder?

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted if you need anything else.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DavidB207

Hi, I'm having the same problem, and this doesn't fix it.  The "find my remote" feature will randomly activate.  It happens sometimes when watching TV and then just happen.  This afternoon it happened about 8 times when the Roku hadn't been used for over 18 hours.  I didn't even know there was a find my remote button on the base unit until today, so it was never pressed and this has been going on for months.  I unplugged the base unit, changed the batteries in the remote, nothing helps.  It's the model 4800X.  We have two of these units and only one is having the problem.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @DavidB207!

Thanks for reaching out and for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that we will coordinate with the appropriate team to further investigate your device, help determine the cause, and find you the best resolution. 

To proceed, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • A photo or short video clip of what is being prompted on your screen when the 'find my remote' feature is enabled.
  • Is this the remote that came with your Roku Ultra?

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.