Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chief2K15

Stuck on setup screen and remote not working

So my Roku tv was messing up and I factory reset the tv not thinking about it and the remote I have only 3 buttons work on it and none of them r the buttons I need so now I’m stuck on the setup screen and can’t connect my phone to the tv due to not being able to get the WiFi to connect. I’m stuck not being able to use the tv and I’ve tried using other remotes to get the tv to work but they can’t be synced to the tv without going to the settings and I can’t do that cause the remote doesn’t work. If anyone has ran into this issue or something similar plz help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stuck on setup screen and remote not working

If you factory reset the TV and assuming you have a voice remote, you should be able to get the remote to pair with the TV, but you have to put the remote into pairing mode.

How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.