Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTired

Re: Remote power level keeps flashing on screen

I just started having the same issue as other people are having with my remote. I did the pairing and all the other things. The power level keeps flashing on screen remote was working fine till it showed a power level at red bar which made no sense since the power to remote was fine yesterday 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RTired,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with your Roku remote since the battery indicator keeps flashing on the TV screen. We will be glad to help you, but we will need more details to further investigate this issue. What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV) What type of remote are you using right now? (universal, simple, or voice remote)

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GAT
Reel Rookie

Greetings!

Well, it is obvious this is a much bigger problem. We had two new Roku devices and TV's installed in April and have had no problems until about a month ago. Since then, the Roku remote on the main TV has been nothing but a nightmare. Never ending "Remote Control" icon flashing on the screen every five seconds, rogue volume takes off, and fast forward gets stuck in a repeat mode. I have changed the remote back to a battery operated unit, but still cannot eliminate the "Remote Control" icon from flashing on the screen every five seconds. Ready to return all of them and try something else. Dear Roku, we now have four Roku units in our home and hope this is a short term problem.  Can we please get some help here?

Regards,

George

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

How are things? @GAT,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us about your Roku remote. We're sure we will get your issue resolved positively. 

To enhance our support for you, kindly furnish @RokuJohnB with the information they require. We appreciate your cooperation.

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

@Lazerloss1 @Is the ex-mc1 remote a Roku remote? I didn’t know they have a rechargeable remote? Or is it from a 3rd party vendor?

0 Kudos
jbhabashi
Reel Rookie

I also have the same issue with my roku remote. It started about a 3 weeks ago. The annoying power level keeps flashing on right top corner of the screen every 5 sec. I have tried all the pairing suggestions but it is still the same. 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jbhabashi,

Thanks for sharing your issue with your Roku device in the Roku Community!

Have you tried restarting your Roku device and seeing if the message disappeared? We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Please keep us posted if the issue persists.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GAT
Reel Rookie

Hi Jecheal,

Yes, 
 I have tried everything that has been suggested in all of the threads regarding such issues. I've unplugged TV and re-paired the remote both through the settings and also using the pairing button on the remote. I even tried pairing a different remote and the "Remote Control" icon just keeps flashing on screen every five seconds. Does the old remote need to be deleted from the system through settings for this message to stop? What is really frustrating is when the remote just stops working altogether and locks on to a screen. I'm starting to miss my old cable box! 😞 

Help Appreciated!

George

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GAT,

Thank you for keeping us updated about this issue with the Roku remote.

You're doing a great job troubleshooting the issue. No worries! We will continue to assist you further. Please try to delete the old Roku remote from your Roku and see if that fixes the issue.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jodohi
Reel Rookie

How do you delete the remote from the Roku, please provide instructions I am having same issue with voice remote that came with my Roku Ultra model 4802x sn: SODA22897PRG purchase at Costco in a bundle with streaming stick. I have also tried all of the suggestions in this thread to no avail, the remote icon continues to pop up in 5 second intervals and button response alternates between laggy and unresponsive. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.