Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Candler72
Reel Rookie

Software update remote issues

After last update 13.1.4 my Roku Ultra is no longer working with my 3rd party IR remote. I need this as my display does not work via CEC so the Roku remote won’t control it. Please help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Software update remote issues

Hello! @georgia0@Candler72,

Thank you for your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing the issue with the latest software updates affecting the third-party IR remote to our attention. We are pleased to assist.

We would be happy to investigate further, but we need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • 3rd party remote make/model

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

In the meantime, the least invasive reset method is to restart the system. You can unplug your Roku device for 30 seconds and plug it back in.

Then try to reset it again for TV control; for more information, visit the article with instructions on setting up your Roku voice remote to control your TV or fixing TV control issues.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Candler72
Reel Rookie

I have tried removing power and that doesn’t seem to help. It just doesn’t accept any IR commands from my 3rd party remote. Roku remote will not control my display as it does not have CEC. It s a commercial display

Model 4802X-Ultra

Serial # X01000DY7H82 

software ver- 13.14 build 1510-C2

Device ID- S0DA22AY7H22

Tracker Number 82-312-585

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

This is unacceptable to cause such an inconvenience to customers. Roku always breaks things with their updates. To have something functioning just fine like an app or a remote then suddenly an update occurs and it won't work anymore is very frustrating.

Roku needs to properly test updates before forcing them on users, it would also be helpful if you could rollback updates to solve the problem until it is fixed, but of course the nice people at Roku will not allow you to do that.

0 Kudos
gperkins
Channel Surfer

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I switched most of my tvs to Apple TV.  13.x seems to be a train wreck.  13.0 made the remote on my ultra stop working, now 13.1.4 made the entire device useless.  My other 2 Roku devices are fine.

Candler72
Reel Rookie

I have Apple TV on other TVs in the house. Maybe it’s time to phase Roku out of the house. 

0 Kudos
Candler72
Reel Rookie

I sent you all the information and no reply!!! Come on, fix the issue!!!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.