Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote: hard to press the buttons

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @GTours!

Thank you for letting us know about the remote issues you are currently experiencing and we'd be more than happy to further assist you with this.

Kindly meet us through Private Message as we will collect further personal information from you regarding this matter. Check your inbox!

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MJGuitar
Binge Watcher

Mine doesn't work very well either.

I used to play Backgammon all the time and now I only play one game and then I have to quit because l get tired of mashing the buttons to get it to work right.

0 Kudos
JDC82
Reel Rookie

My right arrow doesn't work

I am in the market for yet another Roku remote. But this time, I'm wondering if I really want to go the Roku route.  Amazon Firestick, Google Chrome and Apple are all viable options.  The technology on the Roku remotes is not holding up,  I have seen multiple posts on this site about the right arrow not working and although I tried the recommended reset, as with many other posters here, it did not work.  So, off to buy something but not sure it will be Roku again.  

0 Kudos
JDC82
Reel Rookie

Re: My right arrow doesn't work

Model number::  RC-GZ1

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MJGuitar,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you with your Roku remote, which is hard to press. May we know the type of Roku remote you have that has an issue? (simple remote, voice remote, and voice remote pro). Also, what troubleshooting steps have you taken to fix the remote issue? What are the buttons that are hard to press? In addition, could you also share with us the model number of this remote?

By providing additional details, we will be better equipped to provide you with further assistance.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MJGuitar
Binge Watcher

Hi- i have the voice remote. The buttons that are hard to press are the OK button and the right arrow.

The model number is RC-GZl 3026000034

In a previous correspondence regarding this is issue it was suggested that I re-pair the remote by removing and inserting the batteries again, but that didn't help.

Thank you for responding.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My right arrow doesn't work

Hi @JDC82,

Thanks for getting in touch here in the Roku Community!

We'd like take a step in here with this remote issue and see how we can get you up and running.

To assist, I sent you a PM for further assistance.

Thanks,
Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MJGuitar,

Thanks for the active response!

Please be aware that we have sent you a PM here in the Roku Community. We'd like to look closely into this concern by requesting a few more details.

We're anticipating your response from there.

Best regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Whenwill
Reel Rookie

Re: One remote button barely works

I am having the same issue on 3 different remotes. The right side of the turn button won't work or has to be pressed 8 or more times. I bought the newest remote when the last one started this same issue. Is there a fix?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: One remote button barely works

Hi @Whenwill,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd love to further investigate this issue that you are having with the Roku remote since the right arrow button is not working properly. May we know what kind of Roku remote you are using right now? (Roku Simple Remote, Roku Voice Remote, or Roku Voice Remote Pro)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.