Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote stopped working after software update

Hi @srkca,

A warm welcome, and thanks for providing the device information needed here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that we have passed along the information you provided to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once we have available updates, we'll make sure to update this Community thread.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @solbash,

Thanks for taking your first post here in the Roku Community!

We will request reinforcement from the appropriate Roku team to further review your device and to help fix this.

Kindly provide us with the following details below so we can forward this to our Engineering team for further investigation and fix this as soon as possible:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What version/build is the app/channel? (this can be found by highlighting the channel/app on the Home screen and pressing the Star* button)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be looking forward to your response!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mindymaus

Hi there, similar issues since my device got a software update 10/28/23, the paired Roku Gaming remote which came with the Roku Ultra stopped working. Device still lists this remote, but claimed somewhere that it is Asleep. Tried many new batteries and many system restarts.  TWO different replacement remotes purchased failed to pair, which brought me to this forum. Tried all the suggestions here, but none have worked.  Please help.

Issue report tracker

Model: 4660RW - Roku Ultra

Serial number: YJ008J019597 (CS3968019597)

Software version: 12.5.0 • build 4178-46

GC version: 10.2.518

Timestamp: 2023-11-07T18:37:56Z

Please use issue ID 97-447-517 to report the current issue.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mindymaus,

We really do appreciate your reports and for flagging us about this. We'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once we receive an update from them, we'll make sure to update this thread.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bmathew

It seems obvious that Roku broke this when it rolled out the 12.5.0 update.  This broke for everyone after the update.  When will this be fixed?

0 Kudos
AZDadTK
Channel Surfer

@RokuArjiemar   Here are the specs:

TV Model: 50S435

Device ID: S077216YHR51

Software Version 12.5 build 4176-93

This issue applies to all channels, the volume/power buttons stop working on the Cox remote after the 12.5 update, I tried to re-sync the remote with the codes listed on the Roku site and none are listed.

I don't have an issue ID yet, I will try and create one tonight.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bmathew,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for the inquiry!
Our appropriate Roku team is currently looking into this issue that you're having with the Roku remote, and once the information is available, we will update this community thread.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SparkGap
Channel Surfer

I came back here to share that a) my remote issue seems to have been cleared up sometime in the last week, and b) the CEC device controls are still working.

But...

RokuERey deleted my post as a duplicate, even though I was not only sharing my experience but an otherwise unreported workaround for others to fix their Rokus until the official fix was available.

So, uh, thanks for fixing the massively borked rollout of Roku 12, but also thank you for pushing me to buy alternatives to Roku in the future. I know it looks bad when the community shares negative feedback, but actively deleting negative feedback to make your product look better is so much worse...

Seriously, I appreciate that you escalated and resolved the issue. But be better.

jikwild
Channel Surfer

About six weeks ago, I posted that my Roku remotes were no longer working.  I have supplied the requested information more than once and have been religiously following.this thread hoping for a real resolution, not just “use the app”.  Beyond frustrated!  When can we realistically expect a fix? Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jikwild,

We're sorry for the inconvenience and for the delay in our solutions to this. We're currently looking into this.

We also reviewed the details you have provided recently and are currently communicating this with the team.

We'll get back to you with an update about this.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.