Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku Remote Keeps Scrolling

Thanks for responding, @lindalou6042.

I appreciate you trying to troubleshoot your Roku remote. Just to clarify, is this the remote that comes with your Hisense Roku TV, or is it paired with a different Roku player? If so, kindly provide us with the serial number so I can check. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Yopauly

Our Roku was acting possessed. We did the reboots,etc.  Since we have two remotes, just to try to fix this, I took the batteries out of the OEM remote. Viola! It all stopped scrolling and acting goofy. It must be a switch stuck "on" on the PCB in the remote. Time for a new one!

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Yopauly!

Thank you for letting us know about the issues you've experienced with your Roku remote. We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've tried. We'd be happy to look closely into your concern and find you the best resolution possible. 

Firstly, could you please let us know what specific remote is this? Here's how to help you Identify your Roku remote. Also, is this the remote that came with your Roku device? When did this issue start happening? In the meantime, kindly try the following:

Manually check for software updates: Home > Settings > Software update > Chech Now

Reset your remoteIf your voice remote uses standard AA or AAA alkaline batteries, you can reboot it by removing and reinstalling the batteries.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote

If your voice remote has a rechargeable battery, follow the steps below below to reboot your remote

• If your rechargeable voice remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for 20 seconds.
  • If your rechargeable voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home for 20 seconds. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.