Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kweik247

Tv keeps shutting off and restarting

I purchased my onn Roku smart tv from Walmart one week ago. It’s been freezing and shutting off and restarting is there any reason why it would do that? 

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Mikkib
Reel Rookie

Re: Tv keeps shutting off and restarting

My Roku stream bar is doing the same thing continually very frustrating cuz I can't even watch a whole show cost too much money for this to be happening.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv keeps shutting off and restarting

Hi @Kweik247 and @Mikkib,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku device constantly rebooting. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

We recommend giving the following troubleshooting steps a try:

1. Power-cycle your Roku player: unplug it from the wall power outlet and plug it back in.
  2. Check for updates. Go to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now
  3. Restart your Roku player. Go to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System Restart.
  4. Last resort, factory reset: Go to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset.

If the issue is persistent after doing so, please provide us with this information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).

We're anticipating your response regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos