Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

Hi @tsnell91,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with keeping your Roku device connected to the internet. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided above by @RokuJechealR? Also, how far is your Roku TV from your network router, and do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

We are eager to hear from you and investigate this matter further.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TM_I
Binge Watcher

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

My device is up to date and I didn't get an error message during an update.  So that article didn't help.  Plus I mentioned unplugging my tv and hard wiring it.  This is a problem with he TV.  

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for providing additional information, @TM_I!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the connectivity issue with your Roku TV. We appreciate your efforts to troubleshoot the problem.

In this case, we highly suggest that you try reducing the network usage of other devices. Any device currently accessing the network, such as streaming players, computers, game consoles, and mobile devices, that may affect the quality of your network connection.

In addition, you may visit our support website at the following link for further information on How to improve your Roku streaming device's Wi-Fi or wireless internet connection. If you're still experiencing issues, try connecting your Roku TV to a different network, like a mobile hotspot, to check if it connects. If the problem persists, we suggest contacting your internet service provider, as they can help you further.

Please feel free to ask us any further questions or share any concerns. We'll be happy to assist you.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TM_I
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That's an unacceptable solution.  My high speed internet is capable of supporting multiple devices at once.  Everything, including my wifi works the way its supposed too.  The ONLY issue is this TV, so rather than saying, "disconnect your other devices" or "pay for a hotspot" come up with a software update that will actually fix the issue.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@TM_I,

We're really sorry for the delay in our solution to this.

To further assist, I've dropped you a PM again for further assistance.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Normdeb72
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That doesn’t work. I’ve tried it. We have the same problem. I think it’s the onn tv’s!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Normdeb72,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're having the same issue with your Roku TV being unable to establish a connection.

It seems like you've already tried the suggestion above and had no luck. We'd like to know how long you have been using this TV and when you started seeing this issue occur.

In addition, are there any recent changes on your network that might affect this? We would also suggest connecting the TV to a mobile hotspot or any other related issue and see if that makes any differences.

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TM_I
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I got a PM from customer service stating the issue was with my ISP.  I don't have these issues with anything else, but since all connections are different I went ahead and contacted them.  They weren't much help, so I'm going to purchase a WAP and see how that goes.  

Aside from that, I don't know if there was a recent update, but I'm not having the issue as frequently.  I tried using a Hotspot, hard wired my connection, and unplugged my TV several times.  Maybe all of it together improved the issue, I'm not sure. 

0 Kudos
logurtt
Reel Rookie

Hisense Roku TV having issues with network connection

Jump to solution

I’ve had this Hisense Model 55R6+ for a while now and it used to work perfectly fine, today is April 23rd 2024 and right now i’m sitting here looking at my tv watching it constantly connect, disconnect, and reconnect and do the same thing over and over again. sometimes, when i even turn the tv on nothing will show up, and it will stay this way for sometimes minutes mins you, just the background of the main menu shows up none of my apps or hdmi inputs. and i’ve checked my wifi too it’s not the problem, not to mention though with the tv literally making itself somehow disconnect and reconnect to the wifi i cannot use airplay or screen mirroring anymore, this problem with the wifi on this tv has practically made it useless and i have had to resort to using a firestick for the time being and i don’t want to do that i’d like my tv that i paid a good amount of money for to work. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hisense Roku TV having issues with network connection

Jump to solution

Hi, @logurtt 

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that your Hisense Roku TV is having some connectivity issues, and we're here to help you out. For this matter, let's perform a troubleshooting step to resolve the issue. A system restart is a good option to start with. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart.

This will reboot your Roku TV. Once this is done, you may check how this works. Please let us know how it goes and we'll continue to assist further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos