Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DensmoreJack
Reel Rookie

Have to restart TV to reconnect WiFi

Jump to solution

Ever since the Super Bowl, my Roku TV will randomly lose internet connection and I have to restart the TV every time to get it to connect. This has been happening more frequently as of late.

Is anyone else having this issue?

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Have to restart TV to reconnect WiFi

Jump to solution

Hi, @DensmoreJack 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing the issue you've encountered on your Roku device after the Super Bowl event, and we'd be more than willing to assist. As a start, let's troubleshoot your device to get you back on streaming. Kindly follow these series of steps to resolve the losing of network connection.

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Using the physical button

Located on the back or bottom of your TV, the physical Reset button is either tactile or pinhole-designed and requires a straightened paperclip to open. Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku TV is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cbenavidez

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same problem with mine!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Cbenavidez!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming. No worries! We'd be more than happy to further assist you in connecting your ONN Roku TV to a network connection. 

In this case, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting steps below:

• Reboot your network connection. (Ensure your Wi-Fi connection is stable and performing well. Sometimes, even with fiber optics, fluctuations in speed or signal strength can cause delays)
  • Check the signal strength of your Wi-Fi under Settings > Network > Check connection.
  • Connect your ONN Roku TV to an alternative network connection. Perhaps a mobile hotspot would do. 

Please keep us posted on how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Beck0517

Jump to solution

I also have this issue. My house has stable, high speed internet. The router and modem have been updated within the last 6 months. We have other brands of tvs that work without issue. The Onn TV will crash within minutes of trying to run Spectrum. Other channels, like Max or Paramount, will isually stream ok after several login attempts - where it tells me I've lost internet connectivity. When I back out to check the network, it shows that everything is working and signal strength is excellent. This is very frustrating and most certainly an issue with the TV setup.

TM_I
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've tried using the Hotspot for several days now.  I did see an improvement but the issue did not go away. Plus when I stopped using the Hotspot I got an error code I didn't have before. Error code 5. I unplugged my TV, plugged it back in and decided to use a wired connection. I haven't had any more issues.  I bought this TV with the intention of using wifi so this very inconvenient. 

0 Kudos
Imgarrett

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I did a factory reset and now can’t get my tv to activate!! Very frustrating. Thought it was my old network at first but all other devices are working. Need help!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Beck0517, @TM_I,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about your experience with the network connectivity issue with your Roku TV. We'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

In this case, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting steps below:

• Reboot your network connection. Ensure your Wi-Fi connection is stable and performing well. Sometimes, even with fiber optics, fluctuations in speed or signal strength can cause delays.
  • Check the signal strength of your Wi-Fi under Settings > Network > Check connection.
  • Restart your Roku device from the Settings menu; please navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

In addition, if you encounter error codes such as Error 003, 004, and 005, please check out this support article on how to fix Roku streaming device update problems. You will know more about these error codes and what you should do to fix the issue.

Please keep us posted on how it works, and we'll continue to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
TM_I
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Try unplugging it for a few minutes, then try again. 

0 Kudos
tsnell91

Jump to solution

Ive had issues with this tv since maybe the second month I got it. Called CS and everything. We did every reboot possible. Ive had this tv almost 2yrs its still disconnecting daily its the tv. 

0 Kudos