Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

@TM_I,

We're really sorry for the delay in our solution to this.

To further assist, I've dropped you a PM again for further assistance.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Normdeb72
Channel Surfer

Re: My Onn TV won't stay connected to wifi even though I have a excellent internet connection

Jump to solution

That doesn’t work. I’ve tried it. We have the same problem. I think it’s the onn tv’s!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Normdeb72,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're having the same issue with your Roku TV being unable to establish a connection.

It seems like you've already tried the suggestion above and had no luck. We'd like to know how long you have been using this TV and when you started seeing this issue occur.

In addition, are there any recent changes on your network that might affect this? We would also suggest connecting the TV to a mobile hotspot or any other related issue and see if that makes any differences.

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TM_I
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I got a PM from customer service stating the issue was with my ISP.  I don't have these issues with anything else, but since all connections are different I went ahead and contacted them.  They weren't much help, so I'm going to purchase a WAP and see how that goes.  

Aside from that, I don't know if there was a recent update, but I'm not having the issue as frequently.  I tried using a Hotspot, hard wired my connection, and unplugged my TV several times.  Maybe all of it together improved the issue, I'm not sure. 

0 Kudos
willis22

Jump to solution

YNOOWSO53123

0 Kudos
willis22

Jump to solution

Did you find a solution? This is making me crazy. 

0 Kudos
TM_I
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did actually.  I tried several things, but I think the issue for me was not having a strong enough connection.  I do think it's the TV, other tvs and devices don't have the same problem when it comes distance from the router. 

I switched my ISP, and I bought a wifi extender (WAP).  I haven't had any connectivity issues since. 

0 Kudos
Normdeb72
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No, not yet. 😞

0 Kudos
Normdeb72
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think it's the tv. Every other tv is fine. Internet speed is good. 

0 Kudos
Sawyer57
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine still not connecting to internet!! Please fix

0 Kudos