Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JhenDArcy

Connectivity issues on Roku device

So it seems I'm not the only one whose connection has been lost and seeing "failed to load content". The lame Roku "support" here goes thusly, to paraphrase ~ "working on it", "still working on it", "still working on it, part 2", "no solution but we are all going home for the night, no update to report, too bad so sad, this thread has been closed". 

Bull. No excuse and completely unacceptable. 

Labels (1)
15 REPLIES 15
JhenDArcy

To clarify, the *bleep* in my title that was censored was "rap" but with a "c" in front of it. Not even a curse word but these deficient "people" know how to censor a post, close a thread, but can't do their jobs to restore connectivity of a service that is their company's sole "product"/"industry". 

The disconnection of service and "everyone went home; we're closed for the night" response is unacceptable in all ways. 

Elesdan

Having the same issue ready to throw away this Roku and switch to something else. Nothing loads have tried factory resetting several times and reset my router as well with no luck. 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connectivity issues on Roku device

Hi @JhenDArcy@Elesdan,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused. That's not what we aim for. Also, we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you took to resolve the issue. We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV) Are you receiving error messages or codes when trying to connect to the network connection? In addition, is this the first time setting up a Roku device?

We will be better equipped to provide further assistance by providing additional details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MurphTuck
Channel Surfer

Still having the same issue, won't connect no matter how many times I re start roku and reboot my router.  System won't recognize my remote or the ip address if I manually enter it via the android app.

Internet works perfect for my laptop, phone and DVD player, but roku somehow can't identify it or connect, even though it is directly wired.  Thinking sledge hammer to this POS

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MurphTuck,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your concerns about connectivity issues on your Roku device. Also, thanks for the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. We'd love to take a look and see how we can help. May we know what Roku device you are using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV) Are you receiving error messages or codes when trying to connect to the network connection? In addition, have you tried to connect your Roku device to an alternative wireless connection, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if there are any changes?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tdlenox
Reel Rookie

@MurphTuck Have you tried unplugging your Roku device for a couple of minutes? Mine wouldn't work until I did that?

MurphTuck
Channel Surfer

Yes, I left it unplugged over night. Still nothing. Doesn't recognize that it is even plugged in.  

0 Kudos
MurphTuck
Channel Surfer

Using Roku3, and the television is an LG.  it worked fine before your system malfunction.  I have not tried a hot spot. My dvd player, computer, tablet and phone connect to the wifi no problem.  It is just the rokuthat is having issues and  It is directly wired to my router thru AT&T.  The remote, is no longer responding either.  

That's why I tried using the mobile app.  But, this is where I tried to manually enter the ISP, and doesn't recognize it.  

When I look at devices on the mobile app it shows the roku3 listed as a device on my account, but will not connect, thru mobile app, or rebooting roku and router.

Verified that it is directly wired from roku to router.  It will show the home screen, but at top right says not connected, since the remote is no longer recognized I can't adjust any of the settings.  And yes I tried adding the remote again by selecting the button by the battery area.  

Still thinking the sledge hammer is 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MurphTuck,

Thanks for the response!

We appreciate you providing additional details about the issue connecting your Roku device and that you may be having trouble with the Roku remote.

Can you please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

In addition, we recommend connecting your Roku device to a wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if it is fixed.

We look forward to hearing from you and will continue assisting you from there.

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator