Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stjrussell
Channel Surfer

Re: Fox News Live Not Loading Past 13%

And here we are almost to June and it’s still stuck on 13%…….

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Stjrussell,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for the update!

We want to gather more details to investigate this issue on Fox News Live, which was loading only thirteen percent. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Is this the only channel that you are having issues with?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stjrussell
Channel Surfer

I have tried all the things that you have told everyone else to try in this chat and nothing has worked. It seems it’s been an issue for a long time and yall keep saying that you are going to get it fixed but nothing ever gets done. This is the only channel that there is an issue with. I can watch it on my phone so that tells me that it’s a Roku problem. And I’ve tried it on multiple Roku devices and NONE of them work. 

Stjrussell
Channel Surfer

To add to my previous post, this has been going on since the first part of February and it’s still not resolved. Roku just keeps asking what the consumer has tried to resolve it and what system they’re using. That is irrelevant, that is obviously not the issue. Fix the problem Roku!!!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Stjrussell,

Thanks for the additional information!

We would like to gather more details to investigate this problem you had with Fox News Live, which was stuck loading thirteen percent. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version or build is it? (You can find this by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stjrussell
Channel Surfer

So same reply you’ve given to everyone since February with no fix to the problem I see. 
here you go. Let’s see what you can do. 
model 3820RW streaming stick 4k

serial # x01700D724K1. (S090421724K1)

software version 13.0.0 build 24056-CU

GC version 11.6.21

issue ID K1-223-358

@RokuJohnB 

RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @Stjrussell!

We highly appreciate you for providing us with the requested details precisely! Rest assured; we will forward your information to the appropriate Roku team for review. In the meantime, we're grateful for your patience and understanding as we work on this. 

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address or create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be more than willing to listen and take action.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
mmears1
Binge Watcher

I've been saying the EXACT SAME THING to Roku yet their responses continue to be the same ... and useless.  If you contact Comcast, Dish, or any other provider, they say ... contact Roku.  Roku says contact Fox News Support ... except THERE IS NO ONE TO CONTACT.  

It's bewildering that Roku chooses to ignore the fact that we ... users ... cannot contact "Fox News Support."  And the only time I actually spoke to someone with the Fox organization, they said ... "contact Roku."

This isn't "Bob's Knitting Channel", it's FOX News and Fox Business and their respective viewership.  ROKU needs to engage with FOX and find a permanent solution.

PLEASE!!!

mmears1
Binge Watcher

Roku needs to resolve this.  It is NOT a Fox News app, Comcast (or any other service provider) issue?  And the Roku suggestion to "contact Fox News Support" is absurd.  That DOES NOT EXIST for Fox News or Fox Business.  Likewise, anyone else you contact (service providers, Fox, etc.) all say the same thing.  "Contact Roku."  This issue has been reoccuring for over 2 years.  

The exasperated person on the recent Fox chat finally told me I could call (888) 369-4762.  THAT, btw, is the main Fox number.  Doubtful that Sean Hannity, Greg Gutfeld or any number of show producers are equipped to assist ... or care.

As a reminder ... Fox News Digital finished the first quarter of 2024 as the No. 1 news organization in both multiplatform minutes and multiplatform views.  And this didn't just happen ....

Since January 2002, FNC has remained the most-watched cable news network across both total day and primetime with total viewers and the 25-54 demographic.

ROKU ... it's time to find a permanent fix.  This isn't "Bob's Knitting Channel."  It's Fox News and Fox Business and their respective viewerships.  FIX THIS PLEASE

Stjrussell
Channel Surfer

Well said @mmears1 @maybe time to switch to firestick. This is ludicrous!!!!!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.