Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
io1901
Binge Watcher

BBC iPlayer stopped working with Sorry, this application is not currently available on your device

Jump to solution

My almost new Express 4k 3940EU build 11.0.0 4193-CR has just started to refuse to load and play BBC iPlayer with the above error message. I have deleted app, restarted, added app with no difference. Factory reset device with no difference. Older Express (not 4k) works. BBC Sounds app works - I have noticed that the 3040EU isn't in the BBC's supported list. 

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 2022 June NEW BBC iPlayer loading problem

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while this issue was being investigated.

We would recommend checking for a channel update by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button > Check for updates.

Once the channel is updated, try seeing if you able to access the channel again.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Happy Streaming!
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

145 REPLIES 145
Princesssoraya
Reel Rookie

Roku express 4k model 3940EU

Jump to solution

I brought the roku express 3mths ago and bbc i player worked fine unfortunately now stopped working tried Un installing reinstalling etc but can not get this channel to work am I within my rights to complain and get reimbursed for this roku stick 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express 4k model 3940EU

Jump to solution

Certainly you may complain, but you need to complain to the BBC. They are the one that provides the iPlayer channel, not Roku.

We can offer a suggestion or two, though. When you removed the channel, did you reboot your Roku before you installed it again? If not, then it wasn't really removed. You must reboot the Roku after removing a channel to ensure all the little pieces are completely gone.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
DBDukes

Re: BBC iPlayer stopped working with Sorry, this application is not currently available on your dev

Jump to solution

@io1901 wrote:

My almost new Express 4k 3940EU build 11.0.0 4193-CR has just started to refuse to load and play BBC iPlayer ....

Are you saying that your Roku Express 4K (3940) did play the app previously? Or has it never worked on that particular device?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
io1901
Binge Watcher

Re: BBC iPlayer stopped working with Sorry, this application is not currently available on your dev

Jump to solution

Worked fine until today. (So about 6 months)

0 Kudos
Mavison
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My new Roku 4k stick, bought last week, gets the same message today on both BBC iPlayer and Sounds. All software up to date - and has worked fine for the last week. I think iPlayer was updated yesterday?

Not a good start to my Roku experience!

Princesssoraya
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku express 4k model 3940EU

Jump to solution

By reboot do you mean restart if so yes done this a few times 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@io1901 

That is peculiar.

I see that the 3940 is not on the list of supported devices. That's odd. However, I have seen a similar situation before where an unexpected device omission happened, and sure enough, it didn't work. Usually, it's a device that should work but isn't sold in the UK, so they don't certify it. The 3940 is sold in the UK, so that leans away from that.

However, your situation is different, as it did work for a period of time. Of course, BBC could simply say "It wasn't supposed to work but did; however, we fixed that and now it doesn't."

Perhaps a UK user can offer some insight. Perhaps @RokuDanny-R , @RokuMary-F , or @RokuKariza-D can offer some insight.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Mavison wrote:

... I think iPlayer was updated yesterday?...

That could be the clue.

Roku app developers, not Roku, determine where their apps work, and on which devices their apps work.

If the update omitted the 3940 (intentionally or in error) then that would cause what's happening. Now it becomes was that on purpose? If it was an error, the developer (BBC) would need to correct that.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
io1901
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If that's the case, poor show by Roku.

0 Kudos