Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mavison
Binge Watcher

Re: BBC iPlayer stopped working with Sorry, this application is not currently available on your dev

Jump to solution

I managed to contact iPlayer support via chat, and having established that my 3820 EU is on the supported list, their reply was:

Support: There is no fault listed with BBC iPlayer and Roku devices. Have you spoken to the manufacturer? There shouldn't be any reason why it isn't connecting.
Me: Several users have raised the problem on the Roku community forum, and from the error message the consensus appears to be it is a BBC problem with the 6th June versions.
Support: I understand, it this information coming directly from the manufacturer?  
Me: No. I have been unable to contact them yet.
Support: If the manufacturer can rule out any fault with the device, we can raise it with our tech teams on our side to see if we can get a fix  

So, my next question here is: what is the best way to report this significant problem to Roku?

It seems that until we can get BBC talking to Roku nothing will be done!

Dr-SG

Re: BBC iPlayer stopped working with Sorry, this application is not currently available on your dev

Jump to solution

Yes, exactly the same problem and attempts to resolve as described by io1901.  iPlayer and BBC Sounds worked yesterday 6th June 2022, but will not launch today.  All guidance and instructions applied, no change, all other apps working OK.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Mavison wrote:

... It seems that until we can get BBC talking to Roku nothing will be done!

As Roku monitors this user support forum, they would be aware and escalating on their end. With the eight hour difference in time (Roku is in California) it may take longer than one would otherwise want. However, when large issues with large apps (BBC certainly qualifies) Roku will usually work the issue in a more timely manner.

Usually, after a day or two with no progress (hopefully it won't come to that) Roku moderators will often leave a status update. I wouldn't expect anything before then, though.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

Re: Apps are not loading on roku device

Jump to solution

Brilliant!  Thank you for your help! 

0 Kudos
io1901
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@DBDukes wrote:

@Mavison wrote:

... It seems that until we can get BBC talking to Roku nothing will be done!

As Roku monitors this user support forum, they would be aware and escalating on their end. With the eight hour difference in time (Roku is in California) it may take longer than one would otherwise want. However, when large issues with large apps (BBC certainly qualifies) Roku will usually work the issue in a more timely manner.

Usually, after a day or two with no progress (hopefully it won't come to that) Roku moderators will often leave a status update. I wouldn't expect anything before then, though.

So they will do something, why didn't you say that in the first place?  

0 Kudos
Dr-SG

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@io1901 

Of course they'll do something. I can't fathom why anyone would think otherwise. I also didn't say the sun would rise in the morning, as I consider that a given as well.

I suppose Mr. Shaw was correct in that we are two countries divided by a common language.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reporting this to the Roku Community. We'd like to check and try to help.

I understand that you are receiving an error message of "Sorry. this application is not currently available on your Roku device" while accessing the BBC Iplayer channel.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.

In addition, try checking for any system updates in Settings>System>System update>Check now.

If this issue is not resolved, please help us with additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Mavison
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have just been in touch with Roku support via chat (UK based!), and after checking my OS was up-to date, and getting me to remove and re-add the IPlayer channel with no effect, they are now escalating the problem to the 'concerned team' and will update me by email.  If I hear anything I will post here.

My 3820EU is on the supported list, but I am not sure where this will leave those devices that seem to have disappeared!

Robbo6

Jump to solution

Thank you - this is great to hear and we look forward to any updates on this that I am sure will get fixed in a timely manner. 

0 Kudos