Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sherinam

Roku keep losing connection

Jump to solution

My Roku keeps losing connection and I brought another to see if the Roku was the issue. No it was working fine and now it’s happening again. We have updated our router and we have top internet speed.

Model number 3941x-Roku express 4k+.
Serial # x01600xf9ann.
Version 12.0.0.
Build 4181-cr.
Issue ID no-231-274

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku keep losing connection

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Express losing network connectivity.

Please be aware that we believe this issue is now resolved and invite you to see if you are still experiencing an issue with connectivity.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

185 REPLIES 185
Mic1289708

Roku 4k+ Express Frequently Disconnects From WiFi

Jump to solution

I'm having the same disconnect problems. I have two Roku Express 4+ devices in my home. One is located in my family room along with my xfinity combination modem and router. The other is located in the next room about 25 feet away from the router. The Roku device that I am having the disconnect problem is in the family room along with the modem router. This roku device Model # is 3941X, SN-So7P428ASYWS.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku 4k+ Express Frequently Disconnects From WiFi

Jump to solution

Hi @Mic1289708,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the connectivity issue you're running into. I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Could you please verify if you getting any error messages/codes when you are trying to connect your Roku device?
  2. Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?  
  3. How long have you been experiencing this problem?

We would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: How to check the connection to your home network and the internet | Official Roku Support.

Also, we recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot.

Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku keep losing connection

Jump to solution

Hi @Sherinam,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku device since it will lose connection. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details.

• Did you try to reboot your wireless network to see if that worked?
  • Did you try changing the wireless channel on your network to see if that had any effect?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot? Try to see if the issue still occurs.

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Roku Express 4K loses connection

Jump to solution

One Roku never loses connection but my other Roku loses connection sometimes very often and then NOT  soon MUCH.

I notice it happens more in the morning not so much in the evening

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4K loses connection

Jump to solution

Hi @pcneedshelp,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your network issues with your Roku Express 4k streaming device. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution.

Have you tried to do a network connection check? If not, navigate to your Settings then select Network > Check Connection. Here's our Support link for further details: How to check the connection.

Furthermore, you can try to reset your network connection by navigating to your Settings, then scroll and select Settings > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset > Reset connection. After the network reset is done, your Roku device will restart and you will need to return to the Settings menu and set up your wireless network again.

If the issue is still persistent, let us know, and we'd be more than happy to continue assisting you.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brizzle99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having trouble with (2) 4K Express players. Both have excellent signal but the connection drops and then reconnects on its on. The error will display (see pics), then after a few minutes it reconnects. Seems to be a software issue. Started having this problem a few weeks ago. I’ve performed Network Connection Rest & Factory Reset. The issue remains. 

Current Software version: 12.0.0 Build: 4184

Roku System Pics 

Lilzanazo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue. I’ve done all the resets, restarted my router, unplugged the Roku, reset the device and everything. Now it disconnects after one to two minutes and it’s super frustrating. I hope an update is coming soon. My Roku is located about 3 ft from my router and has full signal strength. This is frustrating. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Brizzle99 @Lilzanazo,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

You seem to have done a ton of fantastic troubleshooting at this point. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
GaryPet
Channel Surfer

Same connection issue as everyone else

Jump to solution

Three out of 6 units dropping connections. Can’t reach a human being at Roku. Time to start looking for a new streaming device provider. Tired of resetting, reconnecting, waiting for the thing to go blank….if I wanted this aggravation I would have stayed with Comcast cable…