Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apple15

Roku keeps kicking me out of app

Jump to solution

Can someone please help me I have did a manufacture reset, disconnected the TV from the wall, and restarted my Wi-Fi but my Roku TV keeps kicking me out of the app. For example, if I’m watching Netflix, it will turn off and in five minutes it will kick me out of the app and go to the main screen. So then I go to prime video, and it kicks me out of that streaming app please tell me there’s solution to this or do I need a new TV. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku keeps kicking me out of app

Jump to solution

Hi @Saggy,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku community!

We understand you're experiencing issues with your Roku device, which kicks back while streaming. before we proceed, kindly follow the steps below to see if it makes a difference:

• Restart the device: We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.
  • Check for Roku system updates: Go to Settings > System > System update on your Roku device and select "Check now" to ensure your device runs the latest software version. If there are any updates available, proceed with the installation.
  • Clear cache and data: From the Roku home screen, navigate to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset. Choose "Reset connection" and then restart your Roku device. This step can help clear any temporary cache or data-causing issues.
  • Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. You can test your internet connection by going to Settings > Network > Check connection on your Roku device. If your connection is weak or unstable, try restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I've seen several reports of the same thing on Roku TVs, but never a real solution.  You can try a "System restart" found under Settings->System->Power and see if it helps.  It may be OK for a while and then start doing it again, so you'd have to do that "System restart" periodically.  By "manufacturer reset" I assume you mean "factory reset".  Was it any better immediately following the factory reset?  If not, I imagine the "System restart" won't help either.

If all else fails, you don't necessarily need a new TV.  If you're happy with using Roku, you can always get a stand-alone Roku device and connect it to the TV much like you'd connect a Blu-ray player or cable box.  You could also connect a different streaming device like an Amazon Firestick if you wanted to try something else.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Saggy

Jump to solution

Same issue as of the last few months. And it's getting worse and maddening! @roku fix your stuff please or I'll start getting devices with a different OS

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Saggy,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku community!

We understand you're experiencing issues with your Roku device, which kicks back while streaming. before we proceed, kindly follow the steps below to see if it makes a difference:

• Restart the device: We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.
  • Check for Roku system updates: Go to Settings > System > System update on your Roku device and select "Check now" to ensure your device runs the latest software version. If there are any updates available, proceed with the installation.
  • Clear cache and data: From the Roku home screen, navigate to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset. Choose "Reset connection" and then restart your Roku device. This step can help clear any temporary cache or data-causing issues.
  • Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. You can test your internet connection by going to Settings > Network > Check connection on your Roku device. If your connection is weak or unstable, try restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dalgsan

Jump to solution

When the heck will this be fixed? Send an update or something.  5 years same ongoing problem  with two tvs. Fix your stuff already. This is maddening and annoying. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Dalgsan 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We see on your post that you are having the same issue as reported by other users in this thread.

For this matter, we'd like to collect more details regarding the issue you have experienced so we can help. Please provide the information below:

• What specific Roku device are you having issues with?
  • When did you first encounter the issue
  • Does the issue happen with a specific channel, or with every app that you open? Also, does it kick you back promptly or let you access the channel for a brief moment?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With more details referring to the issue, we'll be able to understand your concern, and we can help further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.